LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying an 06 HSE tomorrow, what do i need to know?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009 | 10:00 AM
|
3rd Gear
Default Buying an 06 HSE tomorrow, what do i need to know?

Hi All, My nissan Titan was totalled last week so we test drove and liked the LR3 as a replacement: one of the few non US SUV's with a big enough tow capacity for our boat which is about 6,800lbs.

After shopping around locally and not finding anything suitable, i'm driving a few hours for an 06 HSE with 36,000m, also has new tires (michelins)factory DVD and back up camera for $21,500

I havent had chance to thoroughly research this forum yet so in a nutshell, what do i need to know/be wary of?

Any advice or pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

Old 01-15-2009 | 10:10 AM
Winching
Default RE: Buying an 06 HSE tomorrow, what do i need to know?

get a carfax report and contact the dealer who is listed that did the service and find out what what repairs were done on the vehicle ect. Most the bugs should have been worked out by now. We reccomend getting an extended warrantee the repairs can be expensive. There is the LRext warr which I have heard is a little pricey. I have also heard their is a ford ext warrantee that is good and cheaper
http://www.landroverworld.org/forums...2318#post72318

My LR3 is the first vehicle I plan on repacing with the same. I have never loved a auto as much as this and I am the guy woh gets a car and 6months latter I want to try somthing else. I can say I am truly satisfied with a LR3

Old 01-15-2009 | 11:48 AM
Winching

The option of going with the Ford ESP warranty wont apply because its already over 36k miles so would have to go with Factory warranty. If you can get the factory warranty to 75k miles added in as part of the deal, take it. They can be very pricey to fix. You still have 14k miles left on factory warranty so anything for the time being should be covered with no problem.

Tires are a problem with the LR3 but the Michelins are a great deal better than the factory tires, ...and enjoy the new ride!

Old 01-15-2009 | 12:49 PM
|
3rd Gear

I'm buying privately so i cant get the warranty bundled in though it sounds like a good idea, one of the attractions of the LR is immense amount of technology they've managed to cram into it. Same time though its also one of my biggest worries, more to go wrong, and the more complicated it is, the more it costs to fix.

Normally a vehicle like this is way out of my price range, it sure was a year ago when i last looked but now they represent incredible value for money, bummer though for everyone that bought new.

So back to the warranty, the factory B to B is 4 years 50,000m right? so i'm safe for the next year or so.
Is there any advantage taking out an extedded warranty now while its still under factory warranty or should i wait till its closer to expiration? That would help me as i'm allready at the top end of my budget.

Thanks again

Pete

Old 01-15-2009 | 01:02 PM
Winching

the only adantage to taking out an ext warr. now would be price I have seen the price increase over the last year. You might want to check into that ford warr. The factory warrantee even covers your oil changes