LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Climate control lights up but no AC coming out

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 07:23 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Climate control lights up but no AC coming out

Hello,

I am from Florida and I have a 2005 LR3 that has an air conditioning problem. I have recently replaced the A/C compressor, condenser, Discharge hoses and I have replaced the A/C Climate control system and I still cannot even get the air conditioning to turn on. All the lights to the climate control turn on perfectly and I am honestly running out of options of what this can be. I checked all the A/C related fuses and they seem to be working perfectly. My next option and theory is that there is probably something wrong with the wiring and need to replaced. Any idea on how much this will cost to get brand new wiring? My next step is taking it to a Mechanic that knows electrician. Has anyone else ever had this issue and what did you do about it? how much did it cost? what can someone recommend me to do next? any idea of what this can be? can this be related to a blower motor issue? that is probably the only thing I have not changed in the A/C system.

Old 01-24-2022, 02:11 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 211 Likes on 185 Posts

So when you adjust the temp control and the blower starts do you just get warm air or none at all, when it was re-gassed did the technician check the system and or replace the TX valve ?

Old 01-24-2022, 08:37 AM
8th Gear

When I adjust the air temperature, I cannot even get Air to come out at all, so yes, No air comes out. I check the climate control system lights in the morning and all the lights on the new Climate control Light up and work. This is my first time hearing about this valve actually. The mechanic did in fact put new gas on the A/C and told me that this probably something with an electrical issue, but he does not specialize in electrical. He recommended me to his electrical technician and I had to take the car out of there because they had my car not being worked on for almost a month without being looked at. They think its something to do with electrical that is not sending signal for the air to turn on. I will look into this TX valve, I want to change the blower motor since I can do this myself and the parts are available at my local auto parts. I would Like to mention that the Compressor does in fact turn on but the blower motor does not. Something in electrical might not be allowing the blower motor to start his my theory.

Old 01-24-2022, 08:49 AM
8th Gear

We did in fact change the A/C expansion valve line

Old 01-24-2022, 11:49 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 715 Likes on 601 Posts

Well if there is no air movement, its not an AC issue at all so I am not even sure why you would be looking into that end of thing. It is a blower motor or control issue. Check blower motor fuse, check for power at blower motor power connection and examine blower motor resistor. Also make sure the air cabin filter is not wet, if so then the blower motor itself may have been drowned in water and be damaged. FYI, the compressor is alway on with the AC, its a variable office type. This is why they are very easily damaged if the refrigerant/oil is let to go too low.

The following users liked this post:
loanrangie (01-24-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 09:17 PM
8th Gear

Thank you so much,

I would also like to mention that the previous owner changed the air suspension to regular coil suspension. If this is in fact a non A/C issue, could this be linked to the Air ride suspension Compressor? since the air suspension is not being used, can this cause problems in the overall air in the car?

Old 01-24-2022, 10:09 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 211 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by ErickLR3
Thank you so much,

I would also like to mention that the previous owner changed the air suspension to regular coil suspension. If this is in fact a non A/C issue, could this be linked to the Air ride suspension Compressor? since the air suspension is not being used, can this cause problems in the overall air in the car?
No totally unrelated, you have an electrical issue in the climate controls or blend motors/blower fan.

Old 01-25-2022, 10:30 AM
8th Gear

Hello,

Thank you so much for your expertise, I am hoping to get it diagnosed this week to find out what is wrong with electrical. I will update in the next coming days if this in fact a blower motor issue or something in electrical.