LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil Over Conversions and Lifts

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vabuckaroo
Well, I have off-roaded most of my life in numerous vehicles. My dad took me with him when he went 'wheeling. Since most of my wheeling is done alone, I feel it's good insurance to be able to self-extricate. I don't give a rat's *** what everybody else does.
OME lists two sets of springs. One set is recommended for vehicles with winches, one for vehicles without.

Have you wheeled the LR3 stock yet? You're posting a lot of questions about significant upgrades and people on here are trying to help you but it's hard to understand what exactly you're going for. Have you seen some of the stuff that stock LR3's with good tires and drivers are conquering? If you describe more of what you're trying to accomplish then people can probably help you more.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What I'm looking to do

I do alot of fire roads and "Jeep" trails. Sometimes I go wheeling by myself, sometimes it's the wife and I. There are lots of large rocks, deep ruts, narrow trails, occasionally some mud and snow. I also like going to the Outer Banks and spending time on the beach. When I had my Jeep, I would extricate folks who had become stuck in the soft sand. Having a winch and a ground anchor, I know there are few places that I can't go and make it back. Not into mudding anymore though. I avoid the deep sloppy stuff when I can.
I'm also planning to head out and do wheeling in our western states.

I guess those travelling guys in the bright yellow Rovers had *****-envy, too since they all have winches.

I've had lots of trucks and Jeeps and I know having a winch can save a long walk to get help. (The places I go don't have cell service)

Thanks to everyone for your help and advice

Old 12-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheeling

I'd love to do some wheeling with these folks. Off-road driving school. Overland recreational, professional and military training. 4x4 travel. — Overland Experts

I've gone out on my KTM with one of these guys riding some gnarly Jeep trails.