LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Continental TerrainContact

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 10:33 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Continental TerrainContact

So I just got new tires on my LR3, I got the Michelin Premier LTX A/S and I had on the Michelin Latitude Tour HP before. I am thinking about gettin gate Continental TerrainContacts on my truck. I know they are different types of tires A/S vs A/T but a majority of my driving is highway and I am in the midwest. My main concern is comfort and how quiet the ride is but also I do want better snow traction. Also if I can get rid of my dedicated set of off road tires and rims it would be easier for me too. In anyones experience how quiet are the Continental TerrainContacts? My mechanic told me that he has had both the TerrainContacts and Premiers LTX on his 2008 Chevy Silverado and he thinks that the TerrainContacts are just as quiet. Thoughts?

Old 07-14-2018, 10:12 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had TerrainContacts for a little while. They were very, very quiet. I would say they were the most silent tires I've ever owned.

I only got rid of them because I went from 19" rims to 18" and wanted to get LT (Light Truck) rated tires in a size as close as possible to stock. I know there are LT rated sizes of the TerrainContact but they are a little (not much) larger than stock and I didn't want to go down that road.

The tires were great however. They were fantastic on the highway (handling and noise) and would be excellent on sand etc. I drove some very moderate but very rocky tracks and they never slipped etc., however, I did take a chunk of tire wall out of a couple.

I changed them after about 5000 miles (maybe a little more).

In fact, I have them for sale. I'll send you a PM

Old 07-16-2018, 07:50 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 75 Likes on 70 Posts

I have the Nokian Rotiiva A/T on mine and wont buy any other tire for it. They are all season tires, but do have the ice/snow rating snowflake on them.

Quiet on road, no loss in gas mileage, tread is lasting really well (2 years in), and great for the snow. Plus they're inexpensive at ~$125 per tire. I have the 265/60/R18 size on mine, no rubbing with stock suspension.

I've had them through 2 New England winters now and have never come close to getting stuck. Even going out in a foot of snow before the plows are out and it goes like a summer day.

Haven't done any real rock climbing type of off roading in it, but have taken it up many rough/unpaved mountain trails in NH and they more than do the job there too.