LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coolant level

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant level

Hey guys, I have a question about coolant level(LR3 05 78k). When engine is cold the coolant level is right below the cold mark and stays there. When engine is hot it is right above cold level mark. If I add water just above cold mark level (half a glass) and drive for couple of days it falls down again below cold mark level and stays there. Is this normal? The engine temperature is always normal and never has a low coolant warning. I have had this issue for the past 3 years.
I checked the engine and can't find a leak.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:20 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dragan
Hey guys, I have a question about coolant level(LR3 05 78k). When engine is cold the coolant level is right below the cold mark and stays there. When engine is hot it is right above cold level mark. If I add water just above cold mark level (half a glass) and drive for couple of days it falls down again below cold mark level and stays there. Is this normal? The engine temperature is always normal and never has a low coolant warning. I have had this issue for the past 3 years.
I checked the engine and can't find a leak.
I have only had my D3 for three months so somebody may put this right but I have read somewhere that they cold level should be 2 inches higher than the mark on the tank, mine was like that after a dealer service.

If think you have a coolant leak check the engine block plug on the left hand side at the rear and is just visible, its the plug that block heaters get screwed into.

Don't wait for a low level warning it doesn't work.