LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 02:47 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually just did all of the brake lights a couple weeks back since I was going down the path of brakes sensors might be playing into it. I'' dive into the Alternator since the vehicle is now pushing 16 years and 270k its a good chance. Ill check it out tonight and see what I find. Thank you for the idea

Old 03-30-2021, 02:05 PM
Winching
Received 115 Likes on 104 Posts

First, the Gap Tool can read the buttons on the steering wheel in the live values section. This will tell you if the computer sees the change in status of the button.

Second, since the brake lights are working fine, check the brake switch.

Old 03-30-2021, 02:08 PM
Overlanding

I did the brake switch already and watched it with the GAP (live values) to make sure it wasnt doing anything weird while I was driving which would cause it to not enable cruise control. And Ill check out the buttons under the live values to see if its properly seeing it, thanks. I ran through some alternator testing suggestions I found online as well but I didnt do it long enough to properly see if it was charging the battery while a load was being applied.

Old 03-30-2021, 04:51 PM
Overlanding

Reporting back to everyone who has helped me. So I tested the battery with and without loads and during crank and my 6 month old battery dips below 9.8v during crank and before crank with no load and just the ignition set to acc it will sit around 11.8 to 12.4. So I decided to charge up the battery via a battery charger and sure enough its sitting low even though I was out yesterday driving for nearly 4 hours (so it should be fairly charged up). After charging the battery for 4 hours Im not getting the Transmission Fault during start but shortly after (within 60 seconds) the cruise control will stop working. And this time around Im getting P0579-00 Speed Control Multi-Function Input ! - Circuit Range/Performance which I wasnt getting before. Im going to go down the route of fixing up the battery and possible alternator issues before I bother you guys anymore on this one. Thank you all