LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

door locks Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question door locks Need Help!!

I need some help with a door lock issue? I have a 2006 lr3 the front and rear right doors are having a locking issue. They sound and act like thay are working. You are locked in on the inside except when all the other doors are locked you can open those two from the outside. if the car is off it will sound the alarm. Not sure what the problem might be.... any help would be great.
Alti

The following users liked this post:
drcable (02-07-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 07:55 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger doors dont lock

I have the exact same issue. I just purchased the vehicle and the kids opened the doors and the alarm went off. Seems strange that it would be just the passenger side. Then i found out the rear door doesnt open from the inside. Checked the child lock and that was not it. Before i tear the doors apart i was hoping someone else had the same problem and would have a solution...

Originally Posted by alti
I need some help with a door lock issue? I have a 2006 lr3 the front and rear right doors are having a locking issue. They sound and act like thay are working. You are locked in on the inside except when all the other doors are locked you can open those two from the outside. if the car is off it will sound the alarm. Not sure what the problem might be.... any help would be great.
Alti

Old 02-08-2020, 07:16 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 776 Likes on 650 Posts

Well one thing you can try is double/triple locking. I have to triple lock mine to get the driver door to lock and even then sometimes it does not. All the rest of mine are fine, for now.

Here is a solution that requires no new parts, but watch the video to the end as his first complex fix fails and a simpler solution works better.

Old 02-13-2020, 05:23 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Had same problem with my left passenger door. I bought a new locking module online (not from dealer) and did the R&R one Saturday and its still working after 3 years. Was looking into fixing it but everything inside is mostly plastic which will eventually break anyway so decided to replaced it with a new one.

Old 02-15-2020, 04:51 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there,

if you know how to turn the spanners you can safe yourself a bit of money and repair the door lock as a DIY job. The locks do fail because of dirt and grime inside the lock's actuator motor. So the idea is to remove the door lock assembly from the car and to dismantle it. Eventually you'll get to the electric motor and give it a good clean.
This way I got my rear passenger door lock working again and it's working ever since.

Here's the How-To: KLICK

Cheers, Alexander

Last edited by 166cui; 02-15-2020 at 05:00 AM.