LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver seat broken / leaning

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 12:00 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver seat broken / leaning

My recently purchased 2006 LR3 has a problem with the driver seat. The problem is difficult to put into words. The problem is that the right side of the seat back is loose/flexes where it joins the right rear of the seating surface. The power seatback still moves back and forth fine. The left side is quite solid, but the right side leans back an inch or two when I sit in the seat, causing my torso to be slightly (but very noticeably) to the right. The seat has quite a bit of "play" in it when I grab the right side handle on the top of the seat and rock it forward and backward.

I can post some pictures later, but the plastic cover on the bottom right of the seat where it attaches is not tight up against the seat like the rest of the covers. There is a silver colored, L shaped metal bracket at that location that seems to be bent toward the midline of the truck. The truck has no known accident history and there does not appear to be other signs of damage. The passenger seat is completely solid on both sides.

Lots of internet searching, and a search for "seat" on this forum have not described a similar problem. Anyone have ideas or experience with this?

Old 05-05-2015, 08:26 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: took my LR3 to the dealer. They'd never seen this problem before. Had to order a new seat back for it. Pricey,but easier and about the same or less cost than sourcing a used seat in good condition.