LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DVD stuck! Ugh!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 10:08 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey! Good news it worked!!!! I just held down the button and it popped out! YES!!! The bad news. Get this... My youngest was in the back and asked me, "Dad, did you know the sun roof it cracked?" I just sat there, extremely angry! Grrrr. The back seat and rear sunroofs are both cracked!

To everyone that helped with the info! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

The following users liked this post:
bbyer (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 10:20 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default if you get the sunroof replaced

I say "if you get the sunroof replaced", as my thinking is a crack is not the same as leaking and if the cost is not covered by insurance, is not a minor expense.

If however, you decide to replace the glass roof, make certain the glass shop has done at least one before yours. The Land Rover dealer should tell you where he gets his glass work done as it is the kind of thing no one wants to do - hence the quicker they can get you to depart the better.

At the same time, the shop that knows how may not admit to it and want you to get lost. It is an awful job for starters because the header liner has to come down and out; in itself not an easy task.

Once the head liner is out, cutting the glass out is another huge task and then installing the new glass, a real fuss as well.

Good news on the DVD however - fixing a LR seems to be primarily a matter of persistence - so all you had to do was press and hold that blue button hidden up above the left dome light for awhile with the engine running?

Old 03-07-2015, 07:29 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I just held down the button and it popped out

Linebacker, was it the blue button in my first pic or did you actually use a paper clip in the little hole?(That's not actually button for me). My player must like the Goonies, because it won't let go for nothing.

Sorry to hear about your sun roof!

Old 03-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirt Roamer
Linebacker, was it the blue button in my first pic or did you actually use a paper clip in the little hole?(That's not actually button for me). My player must like the Goonies, because it won't let go for nothing.

Sorry to hear about your sun roof!
I found the button. I held it down until it popped out. If you don't grab it, it will go back in. After I looked at the dad, I found it was very scratched up. So I grabbed the cleanest DVD I could find and bravely popped it in. It spun up with no problem. Then I hit the eject button on the console. No go. None of the buttons worked to control the did. However the source and lights button work fine. So I used the eject button on the remote and it popped right out. So I think it's functioning fine. However I'd judge the quality of the dvd before Is pop it in.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Pro Wrench
Default release button in my roof located DVD also

I just realized per below , that I also have a picture where the left side lens cover is removed re the roof mounted DVD and yes, the button is there as shown in a previous post.

I have not tried the button as nothing is stuck right now but what I do know is that there is no hole for a paper clip in the plastic area where the display recesses into, hence that button must be the release.

Rosen must have moved its location from when the literature was written.

The festoon 31mm tube light shown is a warm white coloured LED light that provides more light, but still in a warm colour, to the rear area than with the stock previous tungsten bulbs. One can now find stuff on the floor at night.

Attached Thumbnails DVD stuck!  Ugh!-light-overhead-dvd-festoon-31-mm-5-watt-lens-opened.jpg  
Old 03-10-2015, 09:38 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Led

Bbyer, where did you get the LED's? I could definitely use them. I have small children that are into bucking themselves in and there's not quite enough light back there. They have kits on Amazon, but looks like those are retina burning LED's.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Pro Wrench
Default link below re 31 mm Warm White tube LEDs

My files are pretty good. Below per the link is what I purchased in July of 2012 and from where.

The good news is it appears the 31 mm Festoon Warm White are still available. I see the price has dropped as well; I paid five dollars each, now they are two dollars each.

Before you order, remove one of the lenses from your DVD unit and make certain those bulbs are what is in yours. Those tube bulbs come in various lengths so remove and measure yours as well. If the location of the release can change, so can the bulb type etc.

When you get your new bulbs, if they do not work, remove and rotate end for end as LED bulbs tend to be "directional".

2X 31mm 6 SMD 3528 Bulb Auto Light Festoon Dome DE3021 DE3022 DE3175 Warm White | eBay

Old 09-10-2020, 02:31 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirt Roamer
I just tried loading a junk DVD and the two stops (or whatever they are) opened up, but the DVD still wouldn't come out. Since mine started acting up I thought those two stops were what was not letting it out. Guess it's something else.
Hi, i had the same issue and have managed to remove the DVD. I held the electronic reset button below the LH light lens, then pulled the two pins inside the opening to the side. I could see DVD had raised but was not being pushed out. I got two pointy knives and pulled it out. It looked like it had coca cola stuck all over it!

good luck to anyone else with this issue