LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EAS Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The voltage is based on height, for the front sensors, voltage and height are inversely related. So all the way down will be near 5v, and all the way up near 0v. It should not get to either 0 or 5v, as that would be it's absolute limit, and would mean the the sensor is physically installed wrong.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 460 Likes on 411 Posts

OR...it would mean that the overlay is connected improperly, per your last post...right?

Old 05-13-2013, 06:15 AM
Pro Wrench

Yeah, sorry for the confusion, I didn't make myself very clear above...

I meant on a normally working truck, without an issue, during a height sweep no sensor should hit it's limit. This would mean that the truck is able to be at a height that the sensor can not read, which is incorrect. Also note that the rear sensors are directly related to height, so voltage vs height is backwards of the front.

Good luck with getting this sorted out.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:31 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Roverguy, You're dead on ***** accurate.
What Houm Wa has neglected to report in this thread is that he's running 32" tires.
See thread
https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr...eedback-58749/
I would guess he's got jonson rods or some other brand lifting rods installed.
You can not calibrate the EAS with these rods installed. period.
Install the factory rods, calibrate the EAS, Then install the lifting rods back onto the vehicle.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Pro Wrench

Well that does change it up a little.

I would still go into the diagnostic interface to see what the RLM is seeing, and go from there. And yes, I have had to deal with 'lifted' trucks before, not the easiest thing to manage calibrating without swapping the sensor links out. Can be done, but I wouldn't trust someone that might not be able to clear the faults to figure it out. But since sensor feedback is linear, and if you know the amount of lift the new links are designed to give, you just need to subtract that value from the 'measured' height, but you will run into the big tires causing it to bottom out when it lowers down, and still not be able to calibrate. It gets a little complicated at that point.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Camel Trophy

I don't know about me "neglecting" to include that fact, Mike G. This thread was a continuation from the one you linked. My apologies if that much wasn't clear. That said, I am not running any kind of rod-mod.

I have the GAP IIDTool and use that to raise the suspension electronically. The original settings were restored before the truck went to the dealer.

Good? As always, I appreciate everyone's help.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Pro Wrench

Ok, a lot of people install longer sensor links to trick the RLM into thinking it is lower then it really is, so it raises it up. The only issue I can see with the way you're set up would be if the vehicle is not able to lower itself all the way due to bottoming out on your tires.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Camel Trophy

Dave, as far as the EAS knows it's completely stock. The vehicle has been completely lowered with these tires on (that's probably how the wiring loom got cut) and it just BARELY clears the tires.

Oh, and I know all about the sensor links. They are shorter (than stock) in fact. I used to use 'em but the IIDTool is better because it allows me to run at completely stock settings except when I'm actually on a trail.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Camel Trophy

Anyone know what causes the adaptive headlamp icon to illuminate in amber?

Old 05-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Pro Wrench

Yeah, my bad on the links, you're right...

The adaptive headlights can fault for a few different reasons, was this an issue before the EAS issues you had?

It requires calibration of the EAS system so that they can work properly. If it is showing the light, it will also be showing faults in the system, and that is where I would start with getting it taken care of.

There is also a headlamp calibration routine in SDD that can be done, and sometimes needs to be done after a ride height calibration.

Quick Reply: EAS Control Module