LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Falcon website out of T bleeder valves? Whaddya think of this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 09:14 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 734 Likes on 616 Posts

And not to mention the part is a known failure point, so getting the part from Rover would be a bad idea. They have not updated it last I checked.

The following users liked this post:
svs (09-17-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,507 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Rover is still selling the plastic T.

I did the brass fitting route on both of my trucks. Been rocking right along for 50k miles at least on both trucks. That might even be my picture lol. I did add thread sealant before installing

svs (09-17-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 10:17 AM
svs
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The point is - (this is one part NOT to go OEM, but metal)...

Originally Posted by Gnomadf
If you have a local Rover dealership it's likely cheaper to get the part from them but if you have to add shipping it's probably going to be $20 anyways.
The straight pipe idea is really a better way to go, didn't think of that at the time I needed my tee-when mine went, I had smelled some coolant, saw the tee weeping and said "hmm", touched it and it exploded at my touch. I was liucky to not get coolant burns.
I think Metal instead ~ almost doesnt matter how much a new bleeder costs to me because the potential consequences of the OEM breaking unexpectedly are much higher. I know how inexpensive the plastic OEM bleeder is (and that some say the bleeder part may not be necessarily important), but I dont want a plastic one. This seems like the tiniest part in the whole vehicle ~ but like ignition coils, brake switches .... these are very simple things to address changing / having spares for security.

Old 09-17-2021, 07:04 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by svs
I think Metal instead ~ almost doesnt matter how much a new bleeder costs to me because the potential consequences of the OEM breaking unexpectedly are much higher. I know how inexpensive the plastic OEM bleeder is (and that some say the bleeder part may not be necessarily important), but I dont want a plastic one. This seems like the tiniest part in the whole vehicle ~ but like ignition coils, brake switches .... these are very simple things to address changing / having spares for security.
yep-mine could have broken on the highway just as easily as the driveway. Amazing how a dollars worth of plastic is holding your entire engine hostage.

svs (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 08:45 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 75 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Gnomadf
yep-mine could have broken on the highway just as easily as the driveway. Amazing how a dollars worth of plastic is holding your entire engine hostage.
Haha, mine went half way up a mountain road in New Hampshire and dumped nearly all of its coolant

Had to hitch a ride into town to get jugs of coolant. There was just enough of 1 of the connectors left to rig it into a straight pipe. Wrapped it in at least 10 layers of electrical tape, filled the coolant then had to burp it at least 5x. Still didn't get all the air out and it shot up to the red after 5 min. 1 last burp then was what it needed but that was a long 3 HR drive home at 60 and eagle eyeing the temp gauge

svs (09-17-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 09:49 AM
svs
Drifting
Default That's my girl hand. I'm female. Lol (my pic) ~ I copied someone else's idea from he

Originally Posted by ArmyRover

I did the brass fitting route on both of my trucks. Been rocking right along for 50k miles at least on both trucks. That might even be my picture lol. I did add thread sealant before installing
(((( Mistake - I replied here to the wrong message)))

Was that your thread? The person gave sizes to go buy etc. Whoever that was, I copied but ended up buying the $70+ dollar Falcon part. I called them after being frustrated with their website. They had 2 left (none of the less expensive ones) and I bought one of them. I made two of those 4 part brass fittings and put Loctite Red High Temperature thread locker on. I just didnt trust that I did it right and didnt want to risk seepage or unthreading. LOL. So now I guess I have 2 spares. I have 2 LR3s, anyway ~

Last edited by svs; 09-17-2021 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-17-2021, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

I did a thread probably 4 years ago about it listed the bits you need etc. Sorry thought you said you pulled the pic from the thread and it's been awhile lol. My LR3 is going strong no leaks no coming apart you should be solid with that thread locker on it.

I somehow now have 3 LR3's so I understand....

svs (09-18-2021)
Old 09-18-2021, 12:34 AM
svs
Drifting

You're the one I was trying to reply to ~ nope that's my pic above. I'm female. Maybe u thought it was your pic because u have small feminine hands? (*lol) But.... I think maybe you're the one I copied. (I saw a post that provided the pieces to buy) << If that was you, thanks!! But I went with Falcon anyway. I thought going threadless was less to worry about (didnt trust threadlock for leaks seepage etc).

Old 09-18-2021, 12:36 AM
svs
Drifting

I did a thread probably 4 years ago about it listed the bits you need etc. Sorry thought you said you pulled the pic from the thread and it's been awhile lol. My LR3 is going strong no leaks no coming apart you should be solid with that thread locker on it.

I somehow now have 3 LR3's so I understand....
Thanks, ArmyRover !! I may Almost have 3 soon, as I'm checking out a D2.

Old 09-18-2021, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Good news no plastic T on the D2, but be sure to keep an eye on the front driveshaft and coolant temps

svs (09-18-2021)

Quick Reply: Falcon website out of T bleeder valves? Whaddya think of this?