LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing Parking Brake Light

Old 03-09-2009, 12:55 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing Parking Brake Light

I have a 06 LR3 that my wife drives on a daily basis and have had no issues since purchasing in November. We have put 6k miles on the LR3 and gone through snow storms, desert trips, and rain with no issues.

On Friday 2 Parking Brake lights came on. One stays on and is amber in color. The other is red and flashes. There is a message, Parking Brake Fault. I tried engaging the Parking Brake and it does not work. Fortunately its not on (i.e. brakes locked). Anyone had similar issue and if so what was resolution. Warranty is still enforce so will take into the dealer this week. Thanks.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:45 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Left vehicle at dealer and they mentioned warranty should cover this issue. Later in the day I get a phone call from the dealer saying they found water around the parking brake that shorted out the switch for the parking brake and the warranty would not cover this. I later find out that my wife had a cup off water in the cup holder that spilled onto the parking brake lever. Seems like a bad design to have a cup holder next to a switch that has no protection from a spill. This ended up being an expensive cup of water ($300).

I'd recommend using a child sippy cup to ensure no accidental spills I'll contact LR just to make a point that drinks and electronics do not mix.