LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Follow Me Home" Light

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 12:25 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Follow Me Home" Light

Just got a 2006 LR3 and among the messages that popped on after purchase (working on the resolve for the others) one said "Follow Me Home". What does that even mean?

My nanny suggested that maybe the light means the engine is doing so poorly that you should have someone follow you home! LOL

Old 05-14-2013, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

That is the courtesy lamp delay when your turn off the vehicle (lights stay on for short period). With lights in "auto" mode and truck running, turn off the truck. Now momentarily turn ignition switch to the pre start position, then off again. The follow me home lights should be off.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:55 AM
Overlanding
Default Thanks.

Thanks. That makes more sense than all the goofy things I came up with...to include a stalker indicator.

I just kept seeing it when I scrolled through the info list. We also have a Reduced Engine Performance light...which we figured out a starting point thanks to the forum. This one was just random. So thanks again so much for a timely reply.

I did get the message to go away just as you instructed.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:38 AM
7th Gear
Default about engine performance

Originally Posted by astarrdemille
Thanks. That makes more sense than all the goofy things I came up with...to include a stalker indicator.

I just kept seeing it when I scrolled through the info list. We also have a Reduced Engine Performance light...which we figured out a starting point thanks to the forum. This one was just random. So thanks again so much for a timely reply.

I did get the message to go away just as you instructed.
how did you get your reduce engine performance solved please help

Old 05-14-2013, 02:05 AM
Overlanding

ENGINE REDUCE PERFORMANCE ON MY LR3 is the name of the thread to search. There are people with different symptoms and solutions...I would suggest reading all four pages first.

We are starting with replacing the battery because we had it tested and it's at 50% and said 'replace soon' when I had it checked today. Then we are going to CLEAN not replace the Throttle Body. All of which we can do ourselves and not throw money at that (well less than 10 bucks). At about page 2 of that thread the process is explained. We are not going to bother replacing sensors first as we were told that the previous owner had recently done that. We are also experiencing no real symptoms other than the message. My husband said he experienced slight power loss once when pulling into the drive-way.

I suggest reading the thread https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr...-my-lr3-18143/ (maybe that link will work?)

I am new to the LR3. I am new to new cars. Grew up with my dad building stock cars and restoring classics...these new cars with computers in them are way above my skill level.