LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front License Plate bracket

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front License Plate bracket

Hi all,

Just got our imported 2005 LR3 SE insured here in Canada (finally) and Ive taken off the dealer plate in the front and it was just 2-way taped on. There is no bracket or holes for a front plate.

Any suggestions on what to do ? Third party bracket from anywhere would work or no ? If I do buy one, just attach it go in the middle of the bumper or to one side ?

Thanks gang !

Old 11-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Front License Plate bracket

My dealer plate is shaped so it matches the exact contour of the front bumper. Darn things are mandatory in California [sm=headbang.gif]. If going after market I'd try to get one made specifically for the LR3. Also here in Cali they go in the center, not sure about yours.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Overlanding

Heh Jantiz, thx for the input, and don't bang your head TOO much, you do get to live in California !

Old 11-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Bah, I'll be honest with you. If it wasn't because the military moved me here, I would run away as fast as my LR3 can carry me. The cultural diversity is great. The wether in the bay areais the best in the country. And that's where the list of "pros" stops.

The real estate is 5 timesthe price it would be anywhere else.Yet jobs don't pay any higher than average. The highways are the absolute worst in the country.Pot holes, cracs, rough dividers, just looks and feels like no one has attended them for a century or more.The traffic is actually worse than they make it look in the movies. No one seems to know how to drive either. All parking seems to be paralel on roads that have no room for it, hince the knocked off/ hanging by wiresdriver side door mirrors and nasty scratches on the driver side of so many cars. There seems to be no concept of safe following distance here. If you ever have to make a quick stop, fully expect to get hit from behind. You are lucky if you don't. Because it only rains sparsely and then only in the winter months, everything dies during the other 10 months. There's no green anywhere. It's all dead. Dirtiest roads in the nation too. Reminds me of Iraq. Someone gets in a wreck and looses their front bumper, it will lay there on the side of the road for months. Also, people around the bay area seem to be either rude to no end or crazy. We took a church group to pass out food for the homeless in Berkeley the other day and more than a few people we approached got offended because they were not homeless... LOL.People just dress like they are over there.

Anyway, I'm getting off my soap box. I'll be leaving California just as soon as I get my next asignment, and glad to do so!!!

Old 11-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Mudding

There is a plate mounting bracket available from the dealer (about $15 bucks) or you can find it online at various merchants.
It fits the contour of the front bumper like Jantiz said.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Overlanding

Ok, I will give them a call. Thanks Fanatic. Ill come back and advise what the price is up here at a Canadaian dealer. Is that a Chawton White LR3 in your avatar ? If so its the same as mine. Love the white.

Thx again !