LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many miles are on your LR3

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Hope I'm not shooting myself in the foot here, but IMHO all engines today should easily be able to go 200k miles with routine maintenance. We have an '03 A4 w/180k miles and a '00 Accord with 210k miles. The LR3 is only at a measly 78k miles. No cars have any engine problems and no cars burn oil, though getting the valve cover gaskets not to leak on the Audi is tricky.

I think electrical problems seem to be the main issue with older and higher mileage cars now. There are so many electrical components (my jaw dropped when I counted the number of fuses the LR3 has... 105 I think) that something is bound to go wrong. I don't think I'd worry about the engine in any "modern" car hitting 200k miles as long as the maintenance has been performed as required and a good quality oil has been used.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Approaching 150 000 miles this month..Conventional oil changed with 3000 miles intervals.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Winching
Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

129,654 or so on my 2007 HSE here in Houston TX

Old 08-22-2014, 09:28 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

'06 HSE 72,000 miles on it. Took it on its first long drive last week...NJ to Boston.
Very comfortable quiet ride.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:00 AM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

150,000K as of this week. I have approached this vehicle different than other vehicles I've owned. I've been 100% proactive... and I'm not talking about getting oil changes. Actually, when I see folks that get 3000K mile oil changes I sort of cringe. It just doesn't seem necessary when you're getting $120 synthetic changes.

I've been through 5 or 6 compressors, and harem of brake light switches. I've done plugs and hoses, transmission service, a hundred pair of rotors and pads, a few height sensors, a blower motor,a front valve block, and just last week I had Tie Rods and lower control arms done along with getting my rear axle boot re-packed. Long story. Didn't do this myself but my indy told me it was a bitch to do.(No torch, no lift. Not sure how the guy does it)

I've done most of the work on this car and find that it is actually one of the easiest cars to work on, with the exception being when I'm trying to do something that needs T4. Love this car and will cry when it goes. The only thing that really bothers me about it is my carpets are kinda shaggy and I just can't bring em back to life.

Crossing my fingers that this thing goes another 100K miles but who knows. I'm a heavy driver and having really found anyone with much more than 150K miles on their 05/06. If you exist, drop a note. Would love to hear from you.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mirepoixmatt
150,000K as of this week. I have approached this vehicle different than other vehicles I've owned. I've been 100% proactive... and I'm not talking about getting oil changes. Actually, when I see folks that get 3000K mile oil changes I sort of cringe. It just doesn't seem necessary when you're getting $120 synthetic changes.
Why do you cringe about?
This particular jaguar engine was designed for a mineral oil consumption , no need for synthetic at all. I do it ,with mineral oil every 3 to 3.5 K, it gives me piece of mind, that main component , which is my engine , is in good health.

I've been through 5 or 6 compressors, and harem of brake light switches. I've done plugs and hoses, transmission service, a hundred pair of rotors and pads, a few height sensors, a blower motor,a front valve block, and just last week I had Tie Rods and lower control arms done along with getting my rear axle boot re-packed. Long story. Didn't do this myself but my indy told me it was a bitch to do.(No torch, no lift. Not sure how the guy does it)
You are on 6 compressor ? If you where at least 50 % pro- active, you would have re new it with a simple o ring kit and new dryer to stay in good shape.I have done it and still on original compressor after almost 10 years of use.

I've done most of the work on this car and find that it is actually one of the easiest cars to work on, with the exception being when I'm trying to do something that needs T4. Love this car and will cry when it goes. The only thing that really bothers me about it is my carpets are kinda shaggy and I just can't bring em back to life.
Obviously ,you have not done most of the work yourself , other wise you would know , that some parts have been placed , just to f...k with mechanic, whether he is professional or not..

Crossing my fingers that this thing goes another 100K miles but who knows. I'm a heavy driver and having really found anyone with much more than 150K miles on their 05/06. If you exist, drop a note. Would love to hear from you.
I will pass this threshold next week on 05, so you are not the only one out there,, good luck..

Last edited by thorgal; 08-24-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aside from the dealership taking care of software and brake booster {getting moister in it and putting my brake peddle stiff like a cinder block} which was all taken care of thought them. i did regular maintenance stuff. 110k 05 4.4L v8

Old 08-24-2014, 08:00 PM
4wd Low
Default Just passed 130K

Bought my '06 in February of 2012, and she's been a solid truck. Control arms, brakes, rotors, emer brake pads, tires; I think the transfer case may need to be changed, and the rear air suspension struts leak down overnight. No messages though. Starting to look for an '08 or '09.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:26 PM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Default 2006 lr3 4.4 v8

About to hit 120,000, no major problems, but recently been getting a weird suspension issue. Can't figure it out. I'm about to post it in another thread.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Default 150,000

I just recently passes 150k on my wifes 2007 LR3. I consider myself very fortunate to have not had many of the problems that others have. I bought it 4 years ago with 77k mi on it. As soon as I got it, I had to replace the E brake module and ecu - whole 9 yards. Next was bushings on the front end, which need to be done again soon. I replaced a compressor two years ago, expansion tank, plastic t-stat housing unit, complete font and rear brakes, fluids, etc. That's all normal maintenance, really, and I haven't had any of the other quirky problems. Oh... two batteries now. I hope I didn't just jinx myself...

Quick Reply: How many miles are on your LR3