LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much above market?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 12:24 AM
skw
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djkronik57
I think they do both. I would take mine there but it's a bit far of a drive for me.

Dealer East Bridgewater MA New & Used Cars near Boston - Marquis Motorcars

Prices have dropped since I last checked. Now they're around $15k for the most part.
I can vouch for them as this is where I got my LR3 about a month ago. They're about 20mins from my house. Owned by 2 brothers who have been selling and working on LR's for 40+ years. One does the sales and it's only him, no other sales people. Has an LR3 himself. The other brother does the service side and is LR certified along with the 2 techs he has. A lot of their cars get sold and shipped out of state. When they do take a car in, they take care of the known problem areas right off the bat and then also do the next major service. In my case, it was the lower control arms, tie rods, sway bar bushings, and suspension compressor. Also replaced the brakes. Truck had 98k on it and after I bought it, couldn't pick it up for a few days as they were doing the 105K service on it. Nothing is guaranteed but I shouldn't have to put a dime into this truck for a good while.

As to the question of how much to pay for a vehicle, one with verifiable records is worth a premium, especially the older it gets. I started out looking for a Land Cruiser or LX470. Like the LR3's, the good ones are gone by the time you call. The ones sitting around on lots are still there for a reason. Dealing w/ a 10yr old vehicle with 100k (+/-) miles that you don't the history of, you can expect to at least baseline the fluids. Oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, coolant flush, etc. Every vehicle also has it's known problem areas. What is all that going to cost you? Add that as the "premium" to pay for one that has service records of everything being done and I would say you're even, if not a tad ahead.