LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Immobilizer permanent bypass

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2022, 11:40 PM
Mudding
Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Immobilizer permanent bypass

Is there a way to permanently bypass the immobilizer? I take my rig out a lot and looking to find a way to foolproof my system as I lost the key I had in Hollister and have to return to retrieve the car after the key disappeared (as stupid as it sounds we had 4 people looking for it and no one found it) I was looking to make or be able to create a key out of anything incase this does happen and or use a spare dumb key. I plan to make an all metal key to hide inside the vehicle. I know I sound crazy disabling a security system but this car is too smart for my liking, stupid as it sounds I want to be able to craft anything to work with the vehicle in case of emergency. I'm unfortunately not interested in the safety features as I am fine with the risk of theft but with key redundancy.

Old 12-31-2022, 11:19 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Do you have the gap tool? You should just make a spare key and hide the key somewhere safe and secure on the exterior. Probably a lot easier than trying to convince the Rovers computer

The following 2 users liked this post by Coldwater:
rikkd (01-02-2023), tracyc (12-31-2022)
Old 01-02-2023, 03:55 PM
Mudding
Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Coldwater
Do you have the gap tool? You should just make a spare key and hide the key somewhere safe and secure on the exterior. Probably a lot easier than trying to convince the Rovers computer

I don't . I was looking at it as there's another lr3 in the family and I would like to have more control over air suspension (already tired of swapping out lift roads at the trails) and with a roof top tent its a little top heavy on the highway. I did come up with a possible solution. The car will still lock if there is a key inside, so I was going to take apart one of the good keys and take the RFID chip and put it under the steering wheel so the car can see it (assuming it doesn't need a metal connection to the ignition). and allow me to store the dummy key somewhere. I was thinking of the exterior but I don't want the risk of it falling out on the trail or if the airbags fully deflate and I'm unable to get under the car. I cant find a good spot on the sides or top of the car that is secure or discrete enough. This with having a string/laynard attached to an offroading only key and tying it to an air vent to prevent this from happening again.