LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inconsistant bluetooth recognizing car ... a car problem or phone problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 07:31 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inconsistant bluetooth recognizing car ... a car problem or phone problem?

Anyone had this problem?

2006 LR3 with the integrated phone system.

Specifically, not able to get my bluetooth phone to play over the speakers so I can do handsfree - I can do the voice command, it will start dialing my phone (so there's some element of bluetooth connectivity) but it won't play on the speakers.

When I had my Moto v551 flip, it worked every time. Now I have a blackberry - and it's random, even with the same number.

Any ideas? Websites?

thanks in advance ...

Old 09-27-2006, 10:35 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Inconsistant bluetooth recognizing car ... a car problem or phone problem?

its the blackberry

Old 10-16-2006, 06:56 PM
8th Gear
Default RE: Inconsistant bluetooth recognizing car ... a car problem or phone problem?

A new BT approved phone list just came out. Blackberry's on it now, it wasn't before. Be careful, when you pair an unapproved phone to the system [factory fit system] it can throw codes in the vehicle's brain and it won't be covered under warranty. If you want more info let me know where you live and I can tell you who to call as a factory authority on the BT topic.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:35 AM
1st Gear

Hi
I am having the same problem with my Blackberry 8700. I have an LR3 2006 with integrated phone system. Just had the land Rover software updates done but it doesnt help. I live in South Africa and the factory here dont seem to have an answer
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Old 12-02-2006, 02:49 AM
8th Gear

Russy:

Please email me directly with your issue. I'll have my phone guy email you directly from there. Lots of variables he'd want to know to help you.
spiker@offroving.com

Thanks,
Adam

Old 03-18-2007, 07:57 PM
3rd Gear

Guys-
Thanks for all the information sharing here.
I'm having a hell of a time synching my blackberry with my bluetooth.

it does so but very inconsistently. i need the blackberry, but am really unhappy with this form of synching.

any suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 01:38 AM
1st Gear

Downloaded the patch from Blackberry http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...rnalId=KB14152 directly to my curve

Worked like a charm in 2 minutes. The guys at the ATT store were clueless.

Thanks!

Old 12-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Drifting

I've had 3 Blackberry's (8700, 8800, and now 8820). I worked reasonably well with BT and the 2006 LR3, but on occassion I had to manually connect.

My big complaint, and I wonder if anyone else had experienced this, is that the handsfree sound coming out of the speaker of often full of load cracks and pops, like the input signal was turned up way too high for the radio. It's quite annoying, and it would be more of a problem but it appears the sound quality of my voice to the people I'm calling is pretty poor. Most of the people I call tend to say they can barely hear me, so I pretty much have stopped using it.

I've not reported this to LR yet, as I fear they will probably just say it's my phone without even trying for a solution.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:49 AM
1st Gear

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but...

I've had my 2006 LR3 for just over a year now. I've always had to re-sync my phone (enter the pin) every time I got in the car. I also have never had access to my address book. Recently my rover was in the shop and I had an 08 LR3 loaner. The phone synced automatically every time and I could access my phone book. When I asked the service advisor about the issue she said that the 06 wasn't capable of doing what the 08 could do. It sounds a bit too much like BS to me... any thoughts?? It's annoying to the point that I oftentimes just don't use handsfree to not get aggrivated. Thanks.
-Larry