LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPOD Adapter kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPOD Adapter kit

I got a Nano for Christmas, and want to get it hooked up to my radio. My radio has an AUX button, but no Aux plug in the front of the head unit. What can I expect to pay for the kit? How hard would it be to install myself?

I am not interested in the fm module kits or anything that has a bunch of exposed wires/chords.

Best Buy doesn't sell the kit, but will charge "around $100" to install it..... I looked on Atlantic British and didn't see any offered. I'll call them Monday, though.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: IPOD Adapter kit

it takes two to three hours too install the land rover continuity kit.
i have done it serveral times, but don't know how much it costs.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Overlanding

Does anyone else have the LR iPod kit installed???

It looks like they have the cradle mount next to the steering wheel from pix I have seen... it also looks like the wiring harness is long enough to mount in other positions, but not sure? I would like to put it in the top glove box as I want to leave my iPod mounted... does anyone know if this will work? I have also been told you can navigate the iPod on the stereo display with this connector, so there is no real need to have the iPod out is there?

Anyone who has first had experience with this, your input would be appreciated as I would like to know before I spend the $400, otherwise I will just keep using the AUX cable in its crappy spot (or maybe i can have that re-routed?)!

Thanks.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:11 PM
4wd Low

The iPod connectivity cable allows charging of the ipod and control using the radio controls to advance or replay the songs. Unfortunately, it is not as well integrated as other in-car systems (ie BMW, Mercedes) in that it does not display the title or artist or playlist information on any screen (neither NAVI nor radio display). you may still have to have the iPod out so that you can see what is playing or to choose a different selection. This is why they recommend you mount the iPod out near the steering column. The unit averages around $350 installed and there are definitely cheaper solutions available. You should weigh your options before you commit to this plan.

If I get a chance, i will shoot a couple pictures of the way I set up my wife's iPod. Very little wire presentation, and looks fairly clean.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Overlanding

That would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Old 01-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Overlanding

We have one and it works great for us. The other thing it gives you is a connection in the glove box for an auxilery audio hook up as well as a usb port for MP3 Files that can be played off a thumb drive. It can be controlled by the Sterring wheel as well.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:04 AM
7th Gear

Just curious - but what year is your LR3? I was quoted a sale price of like $400 plus the installation at the dealer and it seemed to be an OUTRAGE. My LR is a 2007 and has an aux jack in the rear console that will put the sound out through the stereo amp/speakers. Sounds good, not great. But it works with a 12 dollar patch cable from the top of the iPod to the Aux input jack. However charging the iPod and seeing the artists, etc., would be nice. Not sure if I can find the kit at a better price but should be able to do so someplace. Two hours of an installers time shouldn't be too much more than $140 at the high end.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Overlanding

Mine is a 06 and it cost me 350 to have it installed.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Overlanding

[align=center][/align]
Status: online Best thing I did. Install the Connectivity Module. It was only $125 and I did it myself. The AUx jack at the center console is not good enough. The LR lr004805 module sounds perfect. Before you continue reading go to these sites where I found my solution.

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/lr004805.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LR004...sid=p1638.m118

Brief history. I have a '06 Lr3 V6 with dealer installed DVD and no premium radio. I was looking for a good connection for my Ipod. After months of researching and trying some products, I am FINALLY haPPY with the result of installing the Audio connectivity Module.

My first concern was that my DVD already used the AUX button. Second that no one could answered me that my radio could work with the module, and finally the quality of the installation.

1. The module came with a switch that I can select between the DVD Player and the Ipod. Actually you can have them both on simultaneously and you just select which one you want to hear. And you also get new RCA, 3.5mm and USB inputs. I don't have the steering wheel controls, but I don't think that you need them that much.

2. The installation is so easy a caveman can do it. All the plastic components of the dash are in place by metal clips. You just pull and have access to tha radio screws. ACTUALLY MY LOCAL DEALER WANTED TO CHARGE ME $800 for the module and installation. ARE THEY CRAZY???!!!. I bougth it on Ebay for $125 and did the installation by myself.

3. It sounds so so so much much much better than the FM modulator. The volume and fidelity is awesome. I am very happy.

IF YOU WANT TO CONNECT THE IPOD CORRECTLY TO YOUR RADIO BUY THE CONNECTIVITY MODULE LR004805.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:33 AM
3rd Gear

I just picked up my connectivity kit last night at the dealer, I was able to get it at a discount as part of the sale on the vehicle. I was planning to have the dealer do the install next week, for a price, but might try it myself this weekend.

I am a littleworried aboutpulling off the covers, and snapping a clip.