LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KEYLESS WONT RESPOND - HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KEYLESS WONT RESPOND - HELP!!

Hello All,

I went on a business trip for a week, returned to my LR3 in the long term lot, tried to unlock it and it didnt respond. I thought maybe it was out of sync and pressed unlock about 20 times with no success. I read in the LR manual that the driver info center will say if your remote is malfunctioning but it reads that all is normal.

What can I do to re-sync my key fob with my LR3? I can start it and drive with no issue but cant unlock/lock the doors. I have an uncut spare but how do you program it?

I am sick and tired of using my key lock and unlock the doors.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: KEYLESS WONT RESPOND - HELP!!

I think you have to go to the LR dealer.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's unfortunate. If the LR3 is anything like the Range Rover system...it uses a rolling algorithm thingy...basically everytime you press the lock/unlock button on the handset, it changes codes. The body control module stores up to the last 100 codes in the algorithm. The problem comes in when the BCM picks up another signal it thinks is a possible code from a handset, and rolls to the next code. Parking at an airport for example, is the perfect way to bombard the BCM with codes...effectively killing your remote till a reprogram syncs the rolling code sequences back up!

That's rough you might need a dealer to do the resync though. Have you checked your manual for a key re-learn procedure?

Old 03-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Mudding

I am also guessing that the battery in the key may be failing, and that it did not hold a charge during the time he was gone. I would try a different key, and get the bad one checked out at dealer.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Three Wheeling

Thanks for the advice guys,

All the manual says to do is insert the key for 6 seconds and all is good. WRONG - Looks like a trip to the dealer (like I have time for that) My dealer is great, but they are always backed up for service appts, only open banker hours, and closed on weekends.

The only spare I have is key cut correctly to open the doors, but neither the transponder or keyless entry is learned, so it wont start the truck.

I just got the entire thing detailed and waxed, put my summertime wheels back on, and it looks stupid that I have to pop the black cover off the drivers door and unlock it with a key.

The key in questions transponder starts the truck just fine but it wont respond to locking/unlocking the doors

If anyone can PM me the Key Learn procedure I would appreciate it.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Three Wheeling

Well, my dealer fit me in for a morning appointment despite being slammed with work. Gave me an Alveston Red LR2 HSE service loaner to drive, and had all problems with the original handset and keyless system resolved by the next day. He also programmed my new spare second handset for free, gave it a nice detail, and did all recalls and software updates. I dont know about what kind of service you guys get, but I am very happy with our local dealer - Land Rover Dayton.

He told me the problem was with a wire that had grounded out in a harness somehow and all is fixed.

Thanks for all the responses!!! All systems are go!
[align=left] [/align]