LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leak, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 12:17 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leak, etc.

new to the LRF and wanted to throw an inquiry out there regarding some overhead leaking. during rain or while snow is melting off my LR3 i would always get some moisture inside in the front above driver and passenger seats - sometimes just damp, sometimes it drips through the overhead lighting. also if i'm parked on an incline it seems to affect the penetration one way or another. it's obnoxious anyway you cut it. it poured on christmas and the inside got pretty wet near the center dash. day after that the radio completely cut out, but only the radio. thoroughly checked all other electrical and everything else works as it should.

first, anyone else dealing with the leaking? if so, how in particular are you dealing with it. i've started with the sunroof and moistened the seals up, don't even want to think about the glass in the back being f'd up - it might be cheaper to build a garage than replace that. are we talking some silicone caulking from lowes or what here?

second, the radio. should i start with the fuse or is it highly likely the unit is cooked entirely? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for the help and look forward to utilizing the forums.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default solution

Hey, as I have just told someone else on here about the leaky roof. I have asked that question before, and the ex-technician that answered me told me to find the ends of the drain tubes and cut the little valve-like piece off. The pieces at the end of the tubes doesn't allow water to drain fast enough to prevent leaking inside. He told me that he did that to his and he hasn't had a problem since. You may want to check the fuse for your radio before you pay out the *** to replace your radio unit. As far as the drain issue goes, I am on here to find the reply that I got to find out where the drain ends are and I am going to do the same to mine, the front floors in my truck are soaked from rain water due to faulty drain valves.