LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leaking valve block

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default leaking valve block

Chasing down a leak in the front air suspension of my lr3, took apart the valve block and cleaned it up, but still dropping in the front in about an hour,

after spraying soapy water everywhere on the block, bags etc etc I discovered that the air is leaking out from the electrical connector on the valve block

Anyone else ever had this issue?

Now I need to find a new valve block

Old 12-03-2016, 02:40 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, I had this with my rear valve block...I replaced mine because I wasn't sure that a rebuild would fix that issue. Probably would but I was impatient and just ordered a new one. Lucky8 has them in stock and priced right.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:36 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by AdrenalinPlease
Yes, I had this with my rear valve block...I replaced mine because I wasn't sure that a rebuild would fix that issue. Probably would but I was impatient and just ordered a new one. Lucky8 has them in stock and priced right.
I am guessing a rebuild will not fix this, so, like you its time for a new block, I suspect its leaking past the coil conductors embedded in the upper casting

Old 12-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Drifting

Well after thinking about it I decided to try to fix, or at least slow the leak on the valve block. (front would drop to bump stops in about 30 mins)

So far it does not appear to be leaking, if it is, its very slow.

All i did was take apart the valve block, there are quite a few pictures of this process around,
But then i confirmed that the upper casting with the solenoids was leaking by blowing air into one of the solenoids centers with my compressor, and i could "see" it leaking from the metal pins in the connector (put water into the connector, could see the bubbles) not only that but air was also leaking between solenoids.

There is a small gap at the top of the solenoid between the metal rod that makes up the valve, and the top of the casting, i placed a small o-ring that fit perfectly into each of the solenoid cores, and a small amount of silicone based adhesive (very small amount, just to ensure a seal).

I then reassembled the valve block, put it back together and after testing with soapy water, I see no leaks.

Ill see how long this works, I may still order the new one to be safe, but so far so good.

I should have taken pictures, but if anyone want to try this patch job feel free to pm me, i would be happy to try to explain it more.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

New block will remove all doubt. I cleaned mine three times and then replaced it.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:46 AM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

Yeah I would just get a new valve block for peace of mind. My 2 cents.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mx468
Yeah I would just get a new valve block for peace of mind. My 2 cents.
Oh for sure, that's now on my backlog,

The truck doesn't drop at all overnight, interesting the way it leaked, probably means the oring kit that people buy is probably a waste of time for a lot of people