LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lithium Ion Jump Starter Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 03:09 PM
Mudding
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Lithium Ion Jump Starter Recommendation

Looking for suggestions for a Jump Starter, to keep in vehicle at all times. Has anyone had any luck with the small Lithium Ion Battery Jump Starters? There's a ton of different ones on Amazon. Difficult to tell which are good quality vs. cheap knock-off's though, and of course there's 'fake reviews' to also consider. I want the smallest, lightest, most powerful, most reliable, and cheapest unit that is available. Curious also what your opinion is for the 'smallest sensible' Peak Amps I should be considering. Thanks, Simon.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:39 PM
Mudding
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Update - Out of curiosity I just did a quick search on Slickdeals.net to see if there was anything trending, and this was on there - https://slickdeals.net/f/11679855-ca...archBarV2Algo1 so I just ordered one. Amazon. 1200 Peak Amps and 20100mAh for $45. 1 year warranty. I'll report back after I use it a few times. Figured it's worth trying for that price. Cheers, Simon.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by nevillusa
I want the smallest, lightest, most powerful, most reliable, and cheapest unit
Not asking for much, huh...

Old 06-10-2018, 03:47 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 846 Likes on 633 Posts

It isn’t cheap but I’m going to get the Noco Genius GB70 charger for jumping my Disco and wife’s diesel X5.
You can shop around and get one for $150.
https://no.co/gb70

Old 06-10-2018, 10:16 AM
Geo
Rock Crawling
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Front Runner sells the GB70 for $199, so it pays to shop around. Have been considering it. I always get hung up on whether more amps are better, or unnecessary. The 1000 amp is only $99......decisions decisions.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Drifting
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the DB Power 600 Amp jump starter, and found that it's more than strong enough - amazing how little of its charge (~3% of the total) gets used in a jump. I like that it has multiple output modes, as well (you can use it charge USB devices in a pinch), and a readout that shows how much of the charge is left in it. Costs about $60 on Amazon right now, and it gets consistently high customer ratings.
-Captain Sygo

Old 06-20-2018, 06:04 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought one at Harbor Freight -- Viking, I think? ~$80

Boating two weeks ago and the boat wouldn't start after we'd been sitting in the sun all afternoon.

Guy nearby had one of these so I had the opportunity to try before I bought ;-) Turned the big 5.7L 350 over nicely. He's used it on his 454 several, times -- said it worked fine.

YMMV

Old 06-22-2018, 09:22 AM
Winching
Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts
Default There may be another option

Offering a different approach to the problem but it is a little more than $200. I installed an auxiliary battery in left side battery box under the hood which also solved the problem of where to store it and still keep it handy when needed, and I never worry if it is charged or not or if I left it at home after I cleaned out the car after the last adventure.

Plus, how many times have we fixed a warning light or DTC code by recharging/replacing the battery? This has all but eliminated that for me. (I did replace the alternator recently, but it was still working and had no codes while it made this awful whining noise)

Best of luck on your choice, you certainly came to right place, as there is a large number of people here who more than willing to help out.

Let us know what you decide.

Jeff

GENERAL DISCLAIMER: I may be wrong and quite often....... I am

Old 11-12-2022, 11:18 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the NOCO Lithium Ion ones, it's not a good idea to buy cheap ones because I've heard of people having meltdowns. My GB70 is my go to on my service rig. It has started everything I've thrown at it, including tractors, forklifts, and smaller construction equipment without batteries.
I also have a couple of Everstart maxx Jump Starter packs. I highly recommend this product and this particular model.

Last edited by Denitsch; 11-12-2022 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-13-2022, 10:38 PM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I've used the Hulkman alpha 85s for almost two years now, and it has worked great so far. Believe it's 2000CCA and it has a built in battery warming circuit for when it is cold.

(https://www.hulkman.com/pages/alpha8...kaAqUPEALw_wcB)

Quick Reply: Lithium Ion Jump Starter Recommendation