LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lr3 AbS pump won’t stop running Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 05:25 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lr3 AbS pump won’t stop running Help!!!!

So I bought a beautiful lifted on coils LR3 north of Chicago guy told me after I made the 3 hr drive that his mechanic unplugged the ABS pump so the dash looked like a Xmas tree and the speedo didn’t work or the trans would stay in drive only no OD let’s just say it was a 4000 rpm drive home

I got home plugged in the abs most lights shutoff Speedo worked and trans shifts perfect But still HDC and special programs not available also still have ABS and Brake light on dash Along with the caution symbol with circle arrow around it ABS PUMP RUNS WITH KEY ON OR OFF WONT SHUTOFF

I changed brake switch didn’t help I will say the floorboards where really wet in this truck I texted the guy asked why he said he pressure washed the floor carpets out Maybe AbS module is it located under seats I bought another 2005 for parts I’m thinking of swapping abs pump Any suggestions would help

Old 12-13-2019, 11:33 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

Well for starters I don't think the guy you bought it from is very honest, or at least not forthcoming. I would look for where the water ingress is happening. Usual suspects are sunroof drains, windshield cowling then thru cabin filter box, A-pillars. I'd pull up those carpets and look for corrosion in the wiring.

I guess you know why the mechanic unplugged the ABS pump now. I'd agree changing it out is a good start. Good luck, please keep us updated; this is a new one.

The following users liked this post:
DakotaTravler (12-13-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 12:07 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 776 Likes on 650 Posts

Where is the ABS relay? Is it integral to the pump? It was on my BMW. With that said, you could keep it attached and pull the ABS fuse. That might be enough to kill the pump yet keep speedo alive, etc. and allow you to at least pull some codes, maybe.

And I 100% agree with houm_wa, the seller screwed you. No one would ever pressure wash carpet that is installed. You have a major water leak issue. I suppose it might be possible that the junction box got hit with water hard enough that its causes the ABS pump to stay on, but I dont know the wiring behind the ABS system and where it routes through. I hope you did not pay much for this thing.