LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Accident - Systems Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 09:35 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR3 Accident - Systems Problems

Hoping for some guidance from someone with insight/experience on a very frustrating issue.

In December, I purchased a 2008 LR3 with 30K miles on it. It was in tip-top shape and no issues.

In February, my wife got hit by another driver who has admitted fault. He drifted into her land while reaching for something in the passenger seat, and scraped the LR3 on the entire driver side of the vehicle from front to back.

Five weeks later, I finally got the truck back on Friday from the insurer-authorized body repair shop. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree, and displayed multiple faults, including the complete disengagement of the air suspension system. The car was also completely out of alignment -- to drive straight, the steering wheel was turned 45 degrees to the right. Needless to say, I turned around and returned the truck and took them for a test drive and they confirmed all of the problems.

They claim they can fix the issues, but I am very concerned that they are not qualified to diagnose and repair the complex systems on the LR3.

Has anyone else had this problem? Should I demand that the truck be turned over to an authorized Land Rover dealer? Since the other driver was at fault, should I demand an extended warranty on all affected systems?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated -- I am very frustrated and angry at this point.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I'm going to bet that the air pump and tank which is on that side of the vehicle was damaged. There are also air lines that run along there. Also, the wiring harness for the left front suspension sensor may have been damaged depending on how bad the left front tire was turned.

Most insurance companies, if pushed, are required to bring the vehicle to the same condition prior to the accident, and pass all safety requirements. I would say you need to have the dealer give the vehicle a once over before accepting the vehicle back next time, to ensure the alignment is correct. That is very critical, and most shops do not know how to put the vehicle into the proper service mode for alignment.