LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 crunchy suspension sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2023 | 09:39 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by DakotaTravler
OEM is still an option in the US. Lemforder is great and often OEM anyway. You can usually get parts from the UK shipped to the US for cheaper than buying in the states. That is what I did. All OEM suspension arms, uppers, lowers, fronts, rears with associated hardware from LRDirect. Shipping was a lot, but I still came out way ahead and appreciate having OEM parts. LRParts.net is also a good supplier and as of late have beat LRDirects pricing by a large margin. The parts are cheaper from them because LR is of course UK based and pricing is lower because VAT sorta forces competitive pricing. But since we do not pay VAT, we get a "deal" in parts. Also they are technically considering you, the buyer, a "trade" so you are sorta buying wholesale. But the ram savings is buying OEM parts that lack the LR stickers. Same part but without the LR brand market stamped on them or the box. The arms I got, some still had LR logos on them.
I have the front air struts and sensors in a cart now in LRparts.net and the control arms are next.

Thank you.

Old 09-14-2023 | 09:48 PM
Camel Trophy

LRparts has Dunlop struts. These are an OEM option. Maybe that is what you selected, but they are pretty inexpensive. For that matter, always pick "OEM equipment". This is the unbranded OEM stuff. And usually the bushings will even have the LR logos or sometimes you can see where removed. LR Direct has a better shopping setup and is much more clear when searching for things, LR Parts is confusing. But here is an example of what you want. $160 for an unbranded OEM arm is a pretty good deal versus $360 for LR labeled stuff.