LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 or Grand Cherokee w/HEMI?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 05:48 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR3 or Grand Cherokee w/HEMI?

Hello folks. New guy here. I own a Jeep Grand Cherokee and I'm considering a Land Rover more specifically the LR3 (maybe the Sport). I don't know much about Land Rover other than they are fine off-road vehicles. I do go off-roading in my Jeep on occasion and really enjoy the "sport". I have visited my local dealership and sat in both the Range Rover Sport and the LR3. Yummy! well I guess that's it for now.
Thanks from Chicago!

Old 11-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: LR3 or Grand Cherokee w/HEMI?

well in my opinion, the range rover sport is one heck of a car, it can go anywhere, outrun most things if you have the supercharged version, and is spacious and stylish, it is the ultimate car, and no offence to your jeep but i think the land rover lr3 and sport will be better offroad with the terrain response (optional on UK lr3's)
if you dont know what that is it basically controlls the airsupsension and other things (ride hight, torque, power etc.)

Old 11-09-2005, 07:01 PM
3rd Gear

Does the LR3 have four wheel independant suspension? The new Grands have an independant front suspension with a Dana solid axle in the rear. I also heard that some dealerships have off-road excursions for customers, maybe I can "hitch" a ride and see how well they do off-road comapred to my Grand. I really love the look of the LR3 and the new Sports. But having slightly larger wheels 19-20" compared to the 16's I have now. How will they handle off-road. Seems to "bling" to be going off-roading. But I'll have to find out. Land Rovers are more expensive, I guess you get more. More luxury and what-not. Plus the "prestige and pedigree" of having a Land Rover.
Thank you for such a prompt response. I hope to learn a lot here in this forum.

Old 11-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Rock Crawling

yes the LR3 has full independant suspension, i thought the new LR3, range rover and sport look to "bling" to go offroading aswell, but as they say dont judge a book by its cover.
yes alot of the dealerships offer you the "land rover experience" when you purchase a vehicle, some of the dealer ships even have there own mini off road course to deminstrate the capabilities of these vehicles
and yes they are expensive, you do get alot of goodys with them but the biggest price tag lies with the Land Rover badge