LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Manual Set Download

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts
Default LR3 Manual Set Download

2/24/13 - Because some other links closed off, I found this one from the Cubby cloud sharing service - You have to dig a bit to get down to wiring diagrams LR3 Training\Data\Manuals\LR3.

https://www.cubby.com/p/_fea250a5711...orkshop+manual

No longer working: Found this resource, and downloaded the whole manual package, owners, shop, infotainment, training, wiring, etc. About 495 megabytes. Free download is very slow, like four hours, so set overnight. Can pay for higher speed. Attached is a sample of one section on cooling system.

Download PDF Land Rover Discovery 3 - LR3 - Workshop Manual | PDFTown.com

Also noticed some of this appears on eBay for $20 or less.

Also update - the PDFTown link may no longer work 2/1/2013

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Description and Operation.pdf (224.9 KB, 3539 views)

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 02-25-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

If you don't want to endure that experience PM me with your name and e-mail address and I will send you a private link for a download.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Oh I got this already, thanks for offering to others. Would like to figure out a way to get it on our site, it is very complete and even includes training materials for technicians. You mentioned bandwidth issues on another post and I respect those. Of course being copywrited material this is for academic use.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None of these links work to download any of this information.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance this download can be made available again? The rapidshare link says "permission denied by uploader". Thanks in advance.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

I have asked DM to check with our host to see if it can be posted here somewhere. My copy is all pdf, about 450 meg. If there is a particular area people want I am glad to post that. I don't know who was the poster on the other site.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
I have asked DM to check with our host to see if it can be posted here somewhere.
There's no way it can be legally posted here without explicit permission to do so from the copyright owners. The forum owners would be complete fools to allow it without that permission.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Well perhaps for academic use. But sites have lawyers to keep them away from trouble, not go fishing for it. Rover may not go after the D1 ECU manual. But the LR3 is still a more current item.

Our site seems to have a 2 meg pdf limit (despite the 2GB label). For those that want to see what is in the LR3 manual here are some selections:

Attached Files
maintenance schedules.pdf (544.6 KB, 1443 views)
Description and Operation.pdf (1.60 MB, 1534 views)
The following users liked this post:
svendb7 (12-20-2016)
Old 02-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Well perhaps for academic use.
Wouldn't matter. You can't put a complete copyrighted manual on a web site and just label it "For academic use" and it be ok. That's like places selling HID conversion kits and labeling them "for off-road use only" thinking they skirt the law that way.
The academic fair use is for using excerpts for review or inclusion a paper or such. Even then, the DMCA put some restrictions on that and they actually tried to completely eliminate all "fair use" when the music/movie, etc. companies were writing the law.

Fair use is a concept embedded in U.S. law that recognizes that certain uses of copyright-protected works do not require permission from the copyright holder or its agent. These include instances of minimal use that do not interfere with the copyright holder's exclusive rights to reproduce and reuse the work.

Fair use is not an exception to copyright compliance; it is more of a "legal defense." That is, if you copy and share a copyright-protected work and the copyright holder claims copyright infringement, you may be able to assert a defense of fair use which you would then have to prove.

Fair use is primarily intended to allow the use of copyright-protected works for commentary, parody, news reporting, research and education. However, not all uses in an academic context are automatically considered fair use.
The Campus Guide to Copyright Compliance

Old 02-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

I suppose then the current "legal" method would be to pay for a Rover Topix subscription for a week or so, and download all you need in a short period.

Would I have legal exposure if a person sent me a USB drive, with prepaid retun mailer, and I loaded the file on there. No money changes hands. I don't get higher fees for my consulting job. Of course they have to trust me to return their file and hope that my anti-virus is up to date.

I've already got a $350 hour attorney, and don't want to add another....

Quick Reply: LR3 Manual Set Download