LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 SE..Front Seat killing my back..any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 10:10 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe you need to adjust the position so that you're sitting more upright? like uncomfortably straight? the back pain you're getting might not be the seat, but more the position of the seat and the back. my truck came with adjustable lumbar support.

some good youtube videos...
not that this is the best, but it's short.

maybe it needs to be replaced or try getting it fitted to you with the lumbar support in exactly the right spot.

good luck with that...back pain sucks.

Last edited by rovernoob; 02-16-2015 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:52 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rovernoob
maybe you need to adjust the position so that you're sitting more upright? like uncomfortably straight? the back pain you're getting might not be the seat, but more the position of the seat and the back. my truck came with adjustable lumbar support.

some good youtube videos...
Correct Seated Posture While Driving Your Vehicle / Dr. Mandell - YouTube
not that this is the best, but it's short.

maybe it needs to be replaced or try getting it fitted to you with the lumbar support in exactly the right spot.

good luck with that...back pain sucks.
Thanks Rob..yes more than 1 1/2 hr in the car and I am suffering.
Im going to try a thick towl for a couple of days and see if support at Lumbar does it.
If its a solution getting the seat fit to my back would be a good thing or in the least a support like he shows.Our car the LR3SE does not have lumbar adjustment.
Im going to seach you tube videos today.Thanks again.Cheers

Old 02-17-2015, 02:37 PM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EstorilM
A few interesting things in this thread - first of all I can't believe someone joked about the DII making the LR3 seats feel better. For some reason my friends and I (and the GF) all agree that my 99 disco seats are some of the most comfortable seats EVER MADE.

Second - there isn't lumbar on the LR3 that I know of, which is rather bizarre considering my RRS has almost identical seats mechanically, the LR3 is just missing the little 2-position lumbar switch further back.

Blows my mind considering the DII has lumbar (unless I'm losing my mind) AND the RRS, but a top-trim LR3 HSE "luxury" SUV from Land Rover doesn't have lumbar support?

Land Rover had some sort of production glitch with 2006 HSE's. They were supposed to come with lumbar but didn't. The 2005s and 2007s has lumbar.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ours is the SE LR3..

Old 02-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Winching
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ktm_525
Land Rover had some sort of production glitch with 2006 HSE's. They were supposed to come with lumbar but didn't. The 2005s and 2007s has lumbar.
That is incredibly freaking weird and annoying.

Maybe due to the introduction of the RRS in 2006 sharing or requiring certain components?

Is it electric or mechanical?