LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Transmission Flush and Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 11:55 AM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So i decided to take my car to the ford dealership since they are the only ones that i found with some zf experience (Navigator) thats open on saturday here in Utah. i got a flush done with mercon sp.i was driving home and tranny seemed the same and got a transmission error light.i restarted the car and few miles later all the issues seems to go away. I can barely feel the downshift clunk and whole transmission feels alot smoother. I know whatever happens will not happen right away but so far so good.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:11 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Please keep us updated.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:14 PM
Baja
Received 227 Likes on 197 Posts

I'll second that, we are at 72k? Miles so I know I will be servicing the trans soon, so far so good knock on wood lol

Old 10-16-2016, 08:37 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Please keep us updated.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:07 PM
Winching
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Here's something you don't hear everyday...

Man, did I have a great experience at the dealer today. Took it in to have the software update for the transmission done. While waiting in the waiting room, a tech comes out to grab a coffee and we start chatting... turns out it's the tech working on my Landie, so he invites me back into the shop and got to see him run the updates on the Rover. Took him 1 1/2 hours of constantly running updates. Turns out I had updates on all three systems and he was able to clear codes that the hard reset I performed didn't get rid of.

So... the result. The shifting issue is 95% concerning the lag from stop to start so that update was a success. The other updates that were done were pretty much imperceptible but I haven't had the yellow suspension fault come on today so the AMK update may have fixed... we'll see.

On top of that, the quote given me on the phone from the service advisor was just north of $300 with the tax... final bill was $144 tax in.

Matt, the tech, also said that if I every have a question to tell the service advisors to put the call through to him in the shop and he'll help me out... wow!!

ps:I definitely see why the tranny shop directed me to the dealership as there were at least 1/2 a dozen updates if not more that the truck needed. Glad I didn't opt for the Gap tool for my application...

Old 10-17-2016, 08:52 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by EastCoast

Man, did I have a great experience at the dealer today. Took it in to have the software update for the transmission done. While waiting in the waiting room, a tech comes out to grab a coffee and we start chatting... turns out it's the tech working on my Landie, so he invites me back into the shop and got to see him run the updates on the Rover. Took him 1 1/2 hours of constantly running updates. Turns out I had updates on all three systems and he was able to clear codes that the hard reset I performed didn't get rid of.

So... the result. The shifting issue is 95% concerning the lag from stop to start so that update was a success. The other updates that were done were pretty much imperceptible but I haven't had the yellow suspension fault come on today so the AMK update may have fixed... we'll see.

On top of that, the quote given me on the phone from the service advisor was just north of $300 with the tax... final bill was $144 tax in.

Matt, the tech, also said that if I every have a question to tell the service advisors to put the call through to him in the shop and he'll help me out... wow!!

ps:I definitely see why the tranny shop directed me to the dealership as there were at least 1/2 a dozen updates if not more that the truck needed. Glad I didn't opt for the Gap tool for my application...
Hey thats awesome everything went well.im glad it worked out for you. the three systems is that all transmission related or engine and other stuff too?

Old 10-17-2016, 08:54 PM
Mudding

transmission feels super smooth and feel like i have more power after the service but i got the transmission hdc error today.its the second time after trans flush and never got it before. im not sure if the techs messed up some wiring underneath?

Old 10-17-2016, 08:59 PM
Winching
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Kushan Gunawardane
Hey thats awesome everything went well.im glad it worked out for you. the three systems is that all transmission related or engine and other stuff too?
Other stuff as well... I know the transmission was updated and the AMK compressor had new software. Not sure on the rest. Wife commented that the truck felt even smoother than it already did... psychosomatic? perhaps...

Old 10-19-2016, 11:19 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 130 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by EastCoast

That's awesome! Re: the update. Was it extra software or just clearing the adaptation values? I would like this done if my issue comes back.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:37 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts

Next time into that dealership, you should bring in a dozen donuts.

....that goes a long way.

Quick Reply: LR3 Transmission Flush and Software Update