LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 won't start, multiple codes and no solution. Trans fault Parking break fault, HDC

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 07:41 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 217 Likes on 191 Posts

U codes you can generally dismiss unless they are persistent which likely means you have a hard fault.

Old 04-04-2024, 08:49 PM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

OK - Thanks for letting me know.

Old 04-11-2024, 02:47 PM
Overlanding

Purchased the GAP IID Tool and the Fast Lane Service need to flash the new TCCM. Found a one ECM Fuse 6 was blown and Fuse 13E was missing. Once the fuses were replaced it started up fine with no warning lights,messages, ect.

Was told by the guy a GAP Team that the new TCCM -Transfer case could be re-calibrated using GAP IIC Tool (rather than Reflashing the TCCM module) since the new module already had the correct firmware.

So after replacing a starter, battery and other parts, it appears the starting problem was pretty simple - which was what I thought would happen. Thanks for the advice to get the Gap Tool, it saved me, and probably will save me, alot of headaches. Been quite a learning experience. Thanks for everyone's help.

The following 5 users liked this post by Skully91:
Dai20bt (05-06-2024), houm_wa (05-11-2024), loanrangie (04-11-2024), P-Bod (04-21-2024), scooterforever (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 07:23 PM
Pro Wrench

Sometimes replacing the TCCM works without interference and others it doesn't, glad you got it sorted and now you can enjoy how good these vehicles can be.

Old 04-11-2024, 07:42 PM
Overlanding

Thanks ! Appreciate your input - helped me get to the solution. Already started to like the LR3 - now that I got things sorted.

Old 05-05-2024, 04:49 PM
Overlanding

My problems with intermittent starting issues have resumed (see below). After sitting for a time the car will starts and runs fine. I then drive it around, park, then no start and transmission & engine faults show up on the display again when I turn the key. After it sits for awhile it starts again. I have the I checked and rechecked fuses, disconnected and made sure all grounds are good and checked the CAN connections and wires. I have purchased a GAP tool and been corresponding with those folks.

There still seems to be a connection issue after the car is runs for a time. Wondering if anyone has had the same problem and/or knows what is going on - seems to be a heat related issue.

Thanks

Old 05-06-2024, 09:44 AM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Have you scanned the truck for codes with the GAP tool? I would scan for codes when it's running fine and then again when it has the issue.

Old 05-06-2024, 09:55 AM
Overlanding

Yes I have scanned the truck with the GAP tool multiple times - running and not running, but have not intentionally done the comparison that you outlined. The truck will not start right now, but will do the comparison when it decides to start again. I have also been in touch with the GAP technician and have forwarded a fault list that he has looked at but he asked that I email a fault list with the engine running.

I really don't understand why the truck will start and drive fine, then not start after turn it off, then start again after it sits for awhile - makes no sense to me.

Thanks for you input.

Old 05-06-2024, 07:33 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Skully91
Yes I have scanned the truck with the GAP tool multiple times - running and not running, but have not intentionally done the comparison that you outlined. The truck will not start right now, but will do the comparison when it decides to start again. I have also been in touch with the GAP technician and have forwarded a fault list that he has looked at but he asked that I email a fault list with the engine running.

I really don't understand why the truck will start and drive fine, then not start after turn it off, then start again after it sits for awhile - makes no sense to me.

Thanks for you input.

When it doesn't start will it crank over or nothing ?

Old 05-06-2024, 07:39 PM
Overlanding

Nothing - I just hear a clicking noise when I turn the key in the passenger side where all the electrical wires, electrical grounds (that have recently been taken off and cleaned) and interior fuse box is located.
Add - I have replaced the Starter, TCCM Module, Battery, Brake Pedal Switch. When it randomly decides to start, it starts easily and runs great - then goes back to no start after I park it.

Last edited by Skully91; 05-06-2024 at 07:57 PM.

Quick Reply: LR3 won't start, multiple codes and no solution. Trans fault Parking break fault, HDC