LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 year-long test review YIKES!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 05:55 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR3 year-long test review YIKES!

I just bought a new LR3, black on black, and have been checking out some reviews for fun. Automobile Magazine has one for a year and this scares me to death. http://automobilemag.com/four_season...and_rover_lr3/ They've had a lot of issues with theirs, and I dont like the idea of "As we have learned to do with our PCs, we power down and restart for a temporary fix" as a way to deal with stuff. Has anyone else had as many electrical problems as them?

Old 03-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Overlanding
Default RE: LR3 year-long test review YIKES!

Don't let it bother you. If you read enough of these forums, you will find owners who have had electrical problems (although it does seem to occur mostly in early builds). The problems are covered under warrenty, and the dealer service departments seem to be getting pretty good at quickly identifying the faulty sensors and replacing them. I've not had a single problem with my '05 HSE, now with over 7000 miles.

Consider the source when you hear negative comments on the LR3. Again, you will find more postings on forums complaining than complimenting (isn't that one of the reasons that these forums exist?). Likewise, some of the magazine reviews are just plain rediculous. Any test of an LR3 against a vehcle that doesn't have a true 4wd system with low range is pointless. Any owner of an LR3 that has no intention of using the lo range switch, may have bought the wrong vehicle.

Old 03-18-2006, 03:45 AM
7th Gear

The one trick I learned early was to turn on the key to position 2, wait until the computer did the entire self check (it bings 6 times) then start the truck. I did have the nav system / radio freeze one time, but after turning the truck off for 5 minutes and allowing the self check, it was fine.

I got my '05 HSE on 12/23/2004 and now have 16,500 miles on it. I have taken it wheeling in Colorado at the Land Rover National Rally, and in the Off-Road park in Gilbert Minnesota, and it performed flawlessly. Even with the thin air at 13,500 in Colorado, hte truck was amazing. The air suspension (and I) were slowed down a bit by the thin air, but otherwise, no issues.

Enjoy your truck! It is amazing.

'05 Tonga Green HSE07

Old 03-27-2006, 10:33 PM
6th Gear

so far so good with mine. it's 3 months old. the day i brought it home, the yellow brake sign was lit up and was there for a couple of days. it disappeared and never showed up again. the next one was a suspension fault. turned out to be a slow air compressor for the suspension which could not sufficiently fill up the air springs. This happened 2 to 3 times in a week. Compressor was changed under warranty.