LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Coolant/ Hoses Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

When I replaced all my hoses, I did them all EXCEPT the ones that run all the way to the rear. -- It is a good point that you need to order the right parts if you have a rear heat/ac unit-- Didn't think of that one.

Last edited by unseenone; 03-05-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by thorgal
Actually, this video is very simplified and it does not show any important bits.Per example, first hose on top of the pile at the beginning of the video is never mentioned and although it looks small ( the one with an infamous plastic T bleeder ) is not so easy to replace and that is why 10 hours if labor comes in play right there .That part that goes deep into an engine bay will require to take both intake manifold covers off just to get your hands into that tight space to replace it. This was the only part in the engine bay that I did not changed, maybe next time.
Definitely simplified. I didn't realize that one hose would be such a pain, though I certainly wouldn't put it past LR. There was one tiny hose associated with the PCV valve on our '04 Range Rover that quite literally took me hours to replace. I had to eventually tape it to a clothes hanger that I'd cut and straightened, and then fish it through part of the engine. Even then, it was so tight, it took multiple attempts. I don't honestly know how long it would take to replace all of the coolant hoses on the LR3, but I can't believe that it would come anywhere close to $4000 total. My opinion is that the quote was just a cop out because they don't want to do the work.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Definitely overpriced. I purchased all the hoses from LR dealer, that I needed for a engine bay and it did not exceeded 400 bucks back in the day, few hours of work and bitchin' bleeding that took more than I expected, but overall should not exceed a day of work.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:17 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cmb6s
My opinion is that the quote was just a cop out because they don't want to do the work.

That's what I was thinking.
It seems to be a PIA job and probably none of the techs wanted to do it. the service guy spent 5 mins on the phone trying to convince me not to do the work.

Looks like as the weather starts to get better I will bank out a long weekend for this project.