LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here-some problems/questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 05:39 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here-some problems/questions

Ive had my 05 LR3 since october, and I have 11880 miles so far. and only a few problems

First, just some comments on the thing. Its a beast, and so fun to drive off road. In january we got a couple feet of snow, and it was a blast driving thorugh it all when not another car was on the road. In full control. and its really fun to see all the dead bugs on the almost verticle windshield on the highway. Im still amazed how such a luxury SUV can also be so capable off road. On road tires.

During the first few thousand miles, the engine would stall, and power steering/brakes would cut out also. It would fire right back up. The dealer couldnt find anything and said i was just imagining it. Whatever. It hasnt happend in almost 10k miles. Ive determined that it happens when I let off the brake, and turn the wheel. Sometimes in the morning when i turn the wheel and shift into D from R i feel the engine bog down, too. Like its about to stall, but guess the ecu has learned, and increased my idle slightly.

Also, early in this trucks life, i went off roading to help a freind of mine that got stuck. I was driving through some tall grass and didnt see this tiny little streamlet. it was like a 1 foot drop at most. anyway, i smashed the front pretty good, that plastic little gaurd with plastic rivets that covers the front took hook is broken, and some surrounding parts. does anyone know the part number for that? for the record, i didnt have the suspension up yet, didnt think i needed it. my fault

alright, as for problems.

-This might be due to the incident with the front end(could the chassis have been compacted?), but when the wheel is turned to the lock, there is a loud noise that sounds like metal on metal. in off road mode, it sounds like rubber rubbing against something.

-the windshield wipers have chattered since day one, pisses me off. will the dealer replace under warrantee?
-rear windshield wipper has lately become really bad. it wont stay on the window, and it gets stuck, as well as it missesd the first 20 degrees of the wipe when it does move.

is there a way to increase the max volume? i have my ipod hooked up the AUX input and it is just too quite. does anyone know a way to make the sound system go past 35?

alright, ill be around, thanks.

Rover Power!

[IMG]local://upfiles/2718/280DC79B97CF49F28FD67E046B242D98.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Overlanding
Default RE: New here-some problems/questions

Re: max volume when using iPod... I also have my iPod hooked up through the aux. port and blast my ears off at a volume of 30. I had to play around with the iPod volume to get the car stereo volume where I wanted it. Turning the iPod DOWN allowed me to crank up the stereo volume. Hope that helps in your case.
Lisa

Old 03-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Overlanding

Windshild - buy them at pepboys, there is no warranty.

iPod- Use a small amplifier between the ipod and the aux jack

Old 03-02-2009, 02:10 AM
Three Wheeling

im going to try the ipod tip!!!..Thanks

Old 03-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The wipers are NOT supposed to chatter. Just be aware, I tried to stay outside of "Land Rover" wipers on my last wiper change. I went to my local autopart store and literally tried every decent wiper style they had in stock and NONE fit right. They would either chatter or rattle. I had to buy LR wipers, which fit and worked perfect.

The metal noise at full lock comes from the mechanism that stops you from overturning the tires when at full lock, making contact with the stop. A simple coat of grease at the dealer will fix it.

Have them look at the rear wiper. If it's been doing it since new, it SHOULD be covered also, but if not a new blade should fix it, under $50. If it ends up being a mechanical problem with the arm itself, it is definitely under warranty.

The IPOD can be adjusted as explained earlier by playing with the combination of volume between the IPOD itself and the radio. The only problem is that because the input from the IPOD is so low, you can't use the GPS and the IPOD at the same time. You have to turn the car stereo so loud to get any sound out of the IPOD that if the GPS voice comes on, it will break your ear drums. A few aftermarket amps are being used by others, connected between the IPOD and the AUX jack and seems to work fine. However, the ultimate fix to that problem is to have the IPOD system from Land Rover installed, which lets you control the IPOD from the steering wheel and charges it while in use.