LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New LR owner - First problem...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 06:44 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LR owner - First problem...

Hi all, First of all i would like to thank all of you for such an active forum. We were in the market for an SUV for my wifefor over a year. I had it narrowed down to an Escalade, LR or perhaps Mercedes. After alot of post reading on here, and a few test drives, i found an 05 LR3 HSE with 45000 kms (25000 miles), lease buy back. I was really sold after i drove it. I drove it 3 1/2 hours home, driving between 110 and 120 km/hr (65-70 mph) i averaged 24.3mpg (canadian). I was very impressed with the drive, power, mileage, fit and finish, and got a very good deal. The one had thing to get used to is how tight they handle! I drive 1 ton duallys all day long and it takes some getting used to switching over.

After putting about 1500kms on it, today the check engine light came on. I checked all fluids, the gas cap and a quick check of the engine compartment and it is still on. Apparently there is a recall that my local LR dealer has ordered for me, i guess i will have it scanned when it goes in. Other than the light, i love it! My wife, who could care less what vehicle she drives, is in love. Hopefully we won't regret buying it, like a few other on here seem to.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: New LR owner - First problem...

You drove it 3 1/2 hours home. I hope that isn't the closest dealer to your house 05's Were known to have a few quirks. There are so many sensors on that thing that it's really fruitless to start rattling what it "could" be, specially since it seems to be running fine otherwise. Have the codes read if you have a parts shop close by with that service or just take it back if it's still under warranty.

Normally there should be a message on the info screen below your speedometer telling you what's wrong. Anything out of the ordinary there? I don't know if 05s gave a check engine light when the odometer turned past "next service" milage. Just have the code read at a shop. Simplifies things so much.