New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Brand new to me, first time LR Buyer, first time car buyer and it was an 03 Disco

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new to me, first time LR Buyer, first time car buyer and it was an 03 Disco

What is up everybody,

First off my crazy mustang buddy told me that I can learn everything I would ever need to know about my car here so here I am.

I just purchased my first Land Rover, first car on my own for that matter, a 2003 Disco SE7, got a good deal and I've always wanted to own one. The car was well maintained, average miles(63500) for the age.

My two questions are I need to put a ski rack on it, somewhere but with the roof design and two sunroofs I'm not sure where.

My second is that all of my friends that own Rovers and Disco's agreed that there might be some 'weeping' oil which to me sounds like a leak. I looked over everything at the dealer and there wasn't anything noticeable but what should I be looking for or to do in the coming months given the mileage.

I'm excited to be here and could hardly sleep last night, I've probably wasted more gas taking friends around for 'victory laps' than I should have but any advice would be great.