LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not so ugly Dash Mat

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 10:29 PM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Not so ugly Dash Mat

So think I am going to need a dash Mat for my Cracked Dash. Are there any out there that don't look like your putting Lipstick on a Pig? I really hate them but hate the cracks more, anyone?

Old 12-22-2016, 09:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

I got mine from Dash Care | Custom Dashboard Covers - Materials & Colors

Mine is the Dash Tech. Would prefer to not have to have one but I have the cracked dash and this was the best looking one I could find.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:34 PM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Alla
Originally Posted by uoflcardfan77
I got mine from Dash Care Custom Dashboard Covers - Materials & Colors

Mine is the Dash Tech. Would prefer to not have to have one but I have the cracked dash and this was the best looking one I could find.
Is it possible to just gat a new dash? Or just prohibitedly expensive?

Old 12-26-2016, 11:20 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

You can buy a new dash. I don't know whether the later ones solved the cracking problem. There's a used one on ebay right now for $679.00. But $679 > $50, so . . .

The following users liked this post:
GBR.R (01-01-2017)
Old 01-01-2017, 03:18 PM
Mudding

LRNA have given me $500 compensation to use for servicing or parts so will be investigating what I am going to do going forward. Don't think a used part is the way forward. Will probably look at ordering a new replacement and the find someone with experience with fitting a dash as my local main dealer is unwilling to do the job due to unknown damage that could be caused.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:56 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by GBR.R
LRNA have given me $500 compensation to use for servicing or parts so will be investigating what I am going to do going forward. Don't think a used part is the way forward. Will probably look at ordering a new replacement and the find someone with experience with fitting a dash as my local main dealer is unwilling to do the job due to unknown damage that could be caused.
Are you the original owner to get this from Land Rover?

Old 01-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Mudding

Hi no second owner, so LR doing a good thing.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:24 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by GBR.R
Hi no second owner, so LR doing a good thing.
Ya, no kidding. That is really good. Did you go through a dealer or straight to LRNA?

Old 01-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Rock Crawling

Following this!

Old 01-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Just as an FYI here:

I bought my car used 3.5 years ago. At that time it has some cracking around the airbags, but nothing more. From that moment on, I used Aerospace 303 on the dash at every cleaning. I've had good results with that stuff in the past and I like that it isn't greasy and doesn't attract extra dust, etc.

Anyway, the cracking around the airbag continued to get larger and longer. I figured that it was already split, so this was bound to happen. Then, I ended up having to have my windshield replaced due to a rock breaking the heating element. During the replacement process, they must have stressed the dash enough to cause two cracks in the flat part of the dash surface, close to the windshield.

Okay... I said to myself that I could live with that and that it probably happened just due to the stress of changing the windshield. However, I sicced my ferocious asian wife on LRNA (she can usually get anything accomplished - e.g. she got LRNA to replace a bad cat on her Range Rover that failed literally 3 days out of warranty). Unfortunately, the best deal she could get in this case was that they would split the cost with me for a new dash if had the dealer install it. After seeing the prices quoted around this forum, I figured $1000 (my share) for a new dash... maybe I'll do it. However, when I went to the dealer, they quoted me something astronomical like $3500 total or something. At that point, I said "no way." I can live with the cracking especially since I don't know whether they have fixed the problem with newer materials.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when we got a cold snap here. I walked out one morning to find a brand new crack, smack dab in the middle of my dash. There was no previous stressor on the dash, no prior cracking in that area, it didn't happen at or around a corner. It was LITERALLY right in the middle of my dash! WTF?!? At that moment, I decided that there is no way I would even plop down $1000 for a new dash realizing that I would probably face the same problems... so I ordered a dash mat. I'll try to post a review when it comes.

The following users liked this post:
GBR.R (01-09-2017)

Quick Reply: Not so ugly Dash Mat