LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking aid system keeps blowing fuse

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2023, 04:45 PM
Winching
Received 115 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Parking aid system keeps blowing fuse

The 5 amp fuse F36 keeps blowing. I tried the spare and it blew immediately. I am traveling and unable to do a deep dive (both in the car or searches on the forum). I hope it is just case of old fuses and a new one from the parts store gets it working again.
Live values on the gap tool showed 0 volts to the ecu, and all s sensors as inactive with a distance reading of 2.55 m, so that pointed me to the fuse. It is cold and light rain, so obviously I think wiring that will fix itself when the sun comes out.

Any thoughts of known issues with parking sensor wiring may allow me to fix it while in the road.

ThanksJeff

Old 02-26-2023, 09:11 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 468 Likes on 419 Posts
Default I'm not sure if this is the same situation, but...

...when I was traveling from the Yukon Territory I blew the windshield washer fuse. Replaced it and promptly blew it again. When I got home I learned that a TSB had upped the amperage of that fuse by 5!

Old 02-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Fuses blowing immediately can be a symptom of a short. The wiring loom for the parking aid is known to wear through behind the front bumper, and (iirc) the rear. I’d pull the front bumper and inspect the loom.

Old 02-27-2023, 07:12 AM
Winching
Default Looks like it will have to wait

I can pull the right headlight and disconnect the front insert new fuse and try it and then repeat the process for the left tail light. Other than that a deeper dive (removing the bumper cover) will have to wait until next week when I get back home.
at least there is no damage to it with no fuse in place.

Thanks for the help. I will report back when I know more.

Old 03-07-2023, 01:23 PM
Winching
Default Update

I pulled the right front headlight and disconnected the front sensors. Put in new fuse and it did not blow. I removed the rear tail light, disconnected the rear sensors, turned it on and the fuse did not blow. Since the TPMS is tied to this fuse that light went out. I left the harnesses disconnected so the TS light would go out. I would suspect the wiring harness except that the gap tool does not recognize front or rear sensors, and it shows 0 voltage going to the parking module. I think when I get home I will pull the module out of my 2006 put it in place and see if it solves the problem. That is of course after I do a thorough examination of both wiring harnesses. Thanks for the help guys I'll let you know what I find once I'm through traveling.

Old 03-07-2023, 07:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

The module is located, IIRC, in the driver C-pillar below the elbow of the moon roof rear drains. That could be something to check while you are in there.

This parking system is the most sensitive of any I’ve had. I’ve replaced a front and rear sensor in the last year. Sometimes I wonder if it’s worth the trouble!

Old 04-03-2023, 12:54 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

not to thread jack or anything.. my front parking aid sensors are acting up.. just getting the front parking aid sensors not available error.. im assuming it is a sensor and not a fuse?