LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Seat wiring info needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Passenger Seat wiring info needed

Hey all,

2006 LR3 HSE 74,000 mi.
Does anyone know where the connection or sensor is located for the Passenger Seat SRS/Airbag system?

Here's the issue;
I had to move the passenger seat forward as well as tilt the seat back forward to make room for a bunch of boxes and stuff I was cramming into the cargo area. All rear seat backs were folded forward. I also had about 5lbs. worth of books on the front passenger seat.

When I started the vehicle, the dash made a chime and the red air bag warning light came on. Also, the Pass Seat air bag off indicator on the console turned off at the same time.

I removed the books from the passenger seat and moved the seat back to it's normal position but now I get the red warning light and chime on the dash every time.

Troubleshooting 101: "What was the last thing I did right before the problem occurred". Moved the seat.. Most likely a loose or pulled electrical connection right?

Rather then randomly poking around at all the wiring under that seat, I am hoping someone can point me to the location of the air bag/ occupancy sensor wiring and connection portion under that seat.

Thx !!

Old 04-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts
Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Mudding

Thx but I didn't see anything for the LR3

Old 04-05-2012, 12:59 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

check the wiring for the pretensioner. cut the two tie straps holding it to the frame and let it hang, it if it is the problem the light will go out after you start it.
if not you need a new seat occupancy sensor assembly and wiring. not cheap at all.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Rovin4life
check the wiring for the pretensioner. cut the two tie straps holding it to the frame and let it hang, it if it is the problem the light will go out after you start it.
if not you need a new seat occupancy sensor assembly and wiring. not cheap at all.
What is a pretensioner? Is it at the base of the seat belt buckle?

Old 04-07-2012, 04:12 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

it is the buckle.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Rovin4life
I cut the 2 tie straps and let the wires just hang. The light remained on after starting the car.

What does removing the tie straps do exactly?

Thx,
Lenny

Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Here some pages from the shop manual, one thing it points out is that you can disable the seat belt minder system without a Testbook (dealer computer tester).

Here's the method, if you want to do that while you wait on parts.

The belt minder function can be enabled and disabled using the driver safety belt switch. The instrument cluster changes the state of the belt minder function if, within 60 seconds of first turning the ignition switch to position II, the driver safety belt is fastened and unfastened nine times. Successful completion of the change is indicated by a single chime and the safety belt warning indicator flashing five times, at 2 Hz. The belt minder function can also be enabled and disabled using T4.

And here is wiring diagram for the seat occupancy module.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Description and Operation.pdf (190.4 KB, 731 views)
lr3 seat sensor wiring.pdf (500.5 KB, 2772 views)

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 04-09-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Here some pages from the shop manual, one thing it points out is that you can disable the seat belt minder system without a Testbook (dealer computer tester).

Here's the method, if you want to do that while you wait on parts.

The belt minder function can be enabled and disabled using the driver safety belt switch. The instrument cluster changes the state of the belt minder function if, within 60 seconds of first turning the ignition switch to position II, the driver safety belt is fastened and unfastened nine times. Successful completion of the change is indicated by a single chime and the safety belt warning indicator flashing five times, at 2 Hz. The belt minder function can also be enabled and disabled using T4.

And here is wiring diagram for the seat occupancy module.
Thanks !!
There's no problem with the belt minder system. Just the Airbag light comes on right when the Passenger Air Bag off indicator turns off. There is no passenger or anything in the passenger seat.
And thanks for the post for the LR3 Manual link. !!!!!

https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr...ownload-48834/

Last edited by Xrover; 04-09-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

oops - wrong warning light - re-read you post. Read these pages from manual, includes location of sensors.

Attached Files
lr3 seat wiring 1.pdf (1.52 MB, 3803 views)
lr3 seat wiring 2.pdf (1.28 MB, 722 views)

Quick Reply: Passenger Seat wiring info needed