LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-pillar Water leak and plastic clips

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2023, 12:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default A-pillar Water leak and plastic clips

This should have been the easiest repair to date. However, turned out to be incredibly frustrating.

I’ve been getting water in the drivers footwell due to a leak in the windshield and a leak from the holes for the A-pillar. I purchased the new fasteners from Atlantic British, Fastener Kit. I removed all the silicone and old wrong fasteners the windshield repair guy installed. I installed the new faster per this Land Rover Technical Bulletin. I could not get the bottom white clip to clip in. Then I broke it and broke 5 off the new yellow clips trying to get it all put back together. I ended up re-siliconing all the clips. I don’t feel confident in any of the holes being sealed or the clips holding. Especially the bottom two because they would not clip in.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I struggled so much with this simple task. I’m so sick of water in the footwell. What did you do or use?

Old 01-01-2023, 12:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

Did you attach the new clips to the back of the black trim, then align trim/clips to vehicle and pop into the holes with your palm?

Old 01-01-2023, 07:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I did this a few weeks ago using the kit from Atlantic British. The most fussy part of the whole job was aligning the clips to the factory holes and getting the trim pressed in. I found that you had to loosely locate all the clips above the holes before pressing any single one home. Once they are oriented it takes a very firm press of your palm to clip them in. The last few seemed to take more force.

I sealed up the uppermost locating hole similar to the patch job LR intends for the lowest locator. Seems it can leak just as easily since it has no gasket.