LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pollen air filter - which way does the fan blow?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Pollen air filter - which way does the fan blow?

I looked at the pollen air filter that is located above the heater fan behind the lower glove box.

The arrow on the filter element was pointed up suggesting that the air flow was from the fan up into the bottom side of the filter.

I would have thought that the fan sucks air thru the filter and hence the arrow should have pointed down.

Does anyone know which direction the air flow is? That is (1) from the filter down to into the fan or (2) from the fan up into the filter?

My guess is 1, but the filter right now as installed infers 2

Old 11-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pollen air filter - which way does the fan blow?

Thearrows should be pointing toward the floor. Air flows from the fresh air intake at the windshield cowl, down through the filter, through the fan, and out of the vents, no sense in heating the outside.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Pollen air filter - fan sucks the air down

Thanks for the reply. I also spoke to my dealer when I purchased a new filter a couple of days ago ($60 Canadian + tax), as the previous one was in upside down. The dealer agreed, the air flow is downwards into the fan. Also the dealer mentioned that the filter, while yes, it just slides in,
the near side of it, (nears the glove box door), has to be tipped up into a rectangular friction fit recess. I was a bit uncertain as the previous filter was just sitting horizontally in the space. When I tipped the filter upwards, it did lodge at an angle in I guess the recess where it is supposed to sit. The fit is tight so all the air passes thru the filter, not around the perimeter as I think the previous filter was doing.