LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project LR3

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013 | 08:21 AM
|
Overlanding

Originally Posted by bbyer
The reason I asked about the windscreen tint is that I am annoyed that Land Rover does not seem to make any apparent infra red reduction glass windscreen available. Sound reduction, yes, UV yes, heated, yes, but IR reducing, no.

US manufactured automobiles use IR glass almost as standard as that allows the AC size to be reduced and hence improves CAFE, Corporate Average Fuel Consumption).

German vehicles, no, as the sun really does not every shine in the EU with any intensity, hence IR reduction is not regarded as necessary.
Thanks for that info I didn't realize most US cars use IR glass as a standard. My eyes are very sensitive and there have been times the sun is so bright almost nothing is visible when driving. This really takes care of that issue completely. Also black cars in general attract more heat and it keeps the interior cooler. The last thing I want is my interior plastics fading while the car is parked out in the sun so another bonus point. No places will even tint the front for you as a result of our laws but It's all who you know these days so I got it done.

For people to sit here and say it's dumb bc it's against the law really blows my mind. Having a degree in law, Id like to give those guys a little bit of advice. There are a lot of laws in this country written just so the state/ government can make money off you. As a matter of fact our legal system is a complete screwed up joke in more ways than you can ever imagine.

Old 07-03-2013 | 12:41 PM
Drifting

I don't think people were narrowing in completely on the front window tint. To me, that's the least of the issue. haha........

But it's your truck. If you want to chrome it up--it's a shame....but knock yourself out.

Old 07-03-2013 | 01:01 PM
|
Overlanding

[QUOTE=bjwhite;407290]I don't think people were narrowing in completely on the front window tint. To me, that's the least of the issue. haha........

But it's your truck. If you want to chrome it up--it's a shame....but knock yourself out.

No those are the only chrome accents I wanted to do. The grille by itself just wasn't cutting it and I had to tie it together. The least of my issue is taking any advice from someone who uses the word "dorky". I didn't come here to win a popularity contest just to share some of my progress. That's what makes us different so to each his own. I like it and that's all that counts.

Old 07-09-2013 | 11:16 AM
4wd High

Where did you get those taillights?
and what LEDs did you get? do you have any issues with them in regards to the electrical system?

Originally Posted by voodor35

Old 07-09-2013 | 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by srschick
Where did you get those taillights?
and what LEDs did you get? do you have any issues with them in regards to the electrical system?
I'm pretty sure they are LR4 taillights.

Old 07-09-2013 | 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by voodor35
No those are the only chrome accents I wanted to do.
They make body colored door handle covers and mirror covers too. I like that idea better than chrome, for me personally... but I cannot seem to find them in my color, bonatti grey. Whats funny is that they make body colored fender flares too... and those seem to be only available in bonatti grey. They are also like $1300, so I think I'll pass.

Old 07-10-2013 | 09:46 AM
|
Overlanding

Originally Posted by jafir
I'm pretty sure they are LR4 taillights.
+1, and no issues w/ electrical

Old 07-10-2013 | 09:48 AM
|
Overlanding

Originally Posted by jafir
They make body colored door handle covers and mirror covers too. I like that idea better than chrome, for me personally... but I cannot seem to find them in my color, bonatti grey. Whats funny is that they make body colored fender flares too... and those seem to be only available in bonatti grey. They are also like $1300, so I think I'll pass.
the color matched handles and mirror covers are ice too and ya the flares are overpriced but I have a hookup from the dealer to get the flares for 200$ except that they are a already painted a blue which id have to get re sprayed

Old 07-10-2013 | 11:33 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by bbyer
The reason I asked about the windscreen tint is that I am annoyed that Land Rover does not seem to make any apparent infra red reduction glass windscreen available. Sound reduction, yes, UV yes, heated, yes, but IR reducing, no.

US manufactured automobiles use IR glass almost as standard as that allows the AC size to be reduced and hence improves CAFE, Corporate Average Fuel Consumption).

German vehicles, no, as the sun really does not every shine in the EU with any intensity, hence IR reduction is not regarded as necessary.
Anyone that ever wants to test that theory can do so with transitions lenses or similar auto darkening glasses. They do not darken inside the vehicle with IR glass. I do endorse the use of tinting, as it significantly, noticeably reduces the work your AC has to do, I should know, I'm in TX. Don't forget the sunroof with some silver when you do it.

Old 08-14-2013 | 09:43 AM
|
Overlanding

xxxxx

Last edited by voodor35; 08-18-2014 at 07:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Project LR3