LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Parking Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 01:59 AM
Winching
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Rear Parking Sensors

When I got the Landie checked at the dealer before I bought it, they said the wiring harness for the rear sensors needed replacing. When I put the truck in reverse, the light for the park system flashes and beeps but the sensors do not work... is this the sensors themselves, the harness, both or something else? Also, how difficult is it to change the sensors/wiring harness out.

Thanx...

Old 07-18-2016, 02:58 AM
Winching
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Think I will just pull the fuse for the park assist... this will disable the tpms as well but I'm good with that.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:54 AM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

A couple of weeks ago I did enough Internet searches to conclude there is no way for a mortal owner to disable the parking sensors short of pulling the fuse, which as you noted also disables TPMS.

I think the IID tool can disable parking sensors -- can anyone who owns an IID tool confirm that? (Does the IID tool load its own firmware to achieve this?)

I had my local indy shop hook up their scan tool (which was not IID) and he didn't see a way to disable the sensors using its software.

I would like to disable mine as well.

Last edited by clarkritchie; 07-18-2016 at 04:15 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:58 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

Yes, IID tool can disable the parking sensors. It can also tell you which one is faulty in case you want to replace it. When I had one go bad, I found a used one on ebay from a RRS for $30 or so. Seems to be working great so far. However, replacement does require removal of the rear bumper. Not difficult, but set aside a little time if you've never done it before. The hardest part is getting to the little clips that are tucked kind of underneath the tailgate.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:55 AM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Not to thread jack but does the IID load its own firmware to do this? I wonder why my indy shop's computer can't make this change. My sensors are not faulty, rather my tire carrier trips them up, plus they go bonkers when the hitch mounted bike rack is on...

Last edited by clarkritchie; 07-18-2016 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:38 AM
Recovery Vehicle

No, the IID tool doesn't load it's own firmware. What it does is allow you to read the CCF (car configuration file), make changes, and write it back to the vehicle. The setting for enabling/disabling the front/rear parking sensors is contained in the CCF.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:37 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Oddly, I used my IID tool to set the CCF to 'no parking sensors' since I don't have them on my rear bumper at all. Still every time I shift into reverse the alarm sounds and I have to punch the little button on the dash to shut it up. It's become second nature now, but you'd think with the CCF set to 'none' it wouldn't act like that.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:37 PM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Using Autologic or SDD, you can turn off the parking aid sensor thru the CCF. I haven't ever used a IID so I can't say one way or the other

Old 07-19-2016, 01:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Zelatore
Oddly, I used my IID tool to set the CCF to 'no parking sensors' since I don't have them on my rear bumper at all. Still every time I shift into reverse the alarm sounds and I have to punch the little button on the dash to shut it up. It's become second nature now, but you'd think with the CCF set to 'none' it wouldn't act like that.
Don, are you sure you wrote the file back to the car after making the changes?

Old 07-19-2016, 04:39 PM
tnk
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EastCoast
When I got the Landie checked at the dealer before I bought it, they said the wiring harness for the rear sensors needed replacing. When I put the truck in reverse, the light for the park system flashes and beeps but the sensors do not work... is this the sensors themselves, the harness, both or something else? Also, how difficult is it to change the sensors/wiring harness out.

Thanx...
Mine had similar if not exactly the same symptoms. Turned out to be the dedicated park assist speaker had gone out. It's like a $28 part and takes about 10 minutes to change. Just something else to maybe look at..

Quick Reply: Rear Parking Sensors