LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Locking - Wiring issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 06:54 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Remote Locking - Wiring issue

Hi - me again. Sorry for posting again - so many things!

So for the central locking - my remotes didn't work. So from searching on this forum, I realized that the wiring bundle under the passenger seat can become eroded and the splice needs to be put back.

Well, I was SHOCKED at what I discovered.

The well was soaked, but someone had been in before and tried to repair it.

As you can see from the pictures...they used a regular connector as you would if fixing an electrical outlet!

So two questions, while you ponder this stupidity.

1) There are two green/white wires that were "connected" to to a single green/white. Is this correct? Should it not be 2 connected to two?
2) How best to dry out this bundle? It was soaked with water and "rust"...

Unbelievable.

The picture of the lone wire was a piece of copper wire that they used to join the two pieces together.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:58 PM
Baja
Received 719 Likes on 624 Posts

2 to 1 is correct. Is usually cut back some of the corroded wire and splice in a new section.

Use a shop vac, towels and shop are to get that water out. Then buy a bucket of "Damp-rid" and stick it in your car.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:06 AM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Philip Chan
Hi - me again. Sorry for posting again - so many things!

So for the central locking - my remotes didn't work. So from searching on this forum, I realized that the wiring bundle under the passenger seat can become eroded and the splice needs to be put back.

Well, I was SHOCKED at what I discovered.

The well was soaked, but someone had been in before and tried to repair it.

As you can see from the pictures...they used a regular connector as you would if fixing an electrical outlet!

So two questions, while you ponder this stupidity.

1) There are two green/white wires that were "connected" to to a single green/white. Is this correct? Should it not be 2 connected to two?
2) How best to dry out this bundle? It was soaked with water and "rust"...

Unbelievable.

The picture of the lone wire was a piece of copper wire that they used to join the two pieces together.

Thanks for the post. Fixed my problem just you did. Made a little video explanation
Hope that will help

Old 10-22-2022, 01:01 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed!

Just a quick thanks to all who posted details here. My remote stopped working after an A pillar leak flooded the passenger footwell. Stripped the trim out, dried everything and remade the connection for the receiver feed as detailed above. Worked again immediately. Easy & free fix!

Just for reference in case it helps anyone, there are a lot of green/white wires in the loom. The ones you want are the thinnest, and for me they were under the cable tidy wrap just forward of the passenger seat. The manufacturer connection looked fine, but as soon as I snipped it off, stripped and spliced the wires, the remote worked again. Result!

If this picture posts ok, this is what you’re looking for - the triple green/white wires sticking out from the bundle.

Receiver feed for remote