LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sluggish below 3,000 rpm (4.4 V8)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 07:05 AM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elrocha69
My LR3 is a 2006 SE V8. I replaced spark plugs and cleaned the throttle body as advised. Still is sluggish and slow to respond at low RPM's. If I let off the gas or want to pass I have to put it in sport or manually downshift to a gear that gets it over 3k rpm to get any acceleration. Down low it is a dog. No power at all. It is really irritating because I really have to mash the gas to get going if i am already rolling. from a stop it launches hard at 25% throttle but anything more than that and you can feel amiss and a sound like an exhause leak/incomplete combustion. When it upshifts to second it takes forever to get up to speed, even at full throttle because it won't kick back down to first after about 20 mph or so and the power is very weak until it wakes up at around 3500-4000 rpm. My Disco II throttle so much more responsive but of course at wide open throttle can't match the LR3. It even sounds ugly when I get on the gas from a stop or when I give it moderate or greater throttle below 3,000 rpm. Almost like an exhaust leak and you can really feel the shudder, especially if I select manual and 6th or 5th gear below 3,000 rpm. if I am very light on the gas it will accelerate, but if I push it more it starts shuddering and will not accelerate unless on flat ground. When I select drive and hold the brake and stab the throttle you can feel and hear the miss. If I am light on the throttle the truck squats and you can feel that it has power, but after about 20% throttle it sputters and is weak. Funny thing is when my battery went bad and I had to replace it, after replacing it the problem stopped for a day or two, and come back. This thing was quite peppy when I first got it and had great low end torque. Now it has no low end torque and fuel economy sucks. My OBD II scanner will say 8 codes found but when I select read codes it says no codes found. Guess I will have to go to my local european car mechanic and have him put it on test book because I am stumped and this this is very frustrating to drive, especially since every once in a while it will run right for a short time, also it runs much better right after the first startup in the morning before the engine warms up.

i am having same problems
how did you solve it?

The following users liked this post:
Athana (08-10-2022)