LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension fault

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 02:08 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Suspension fault

ORIGINAL: jgedeon

I have had major suspesion issues. Take it in ASAP. I had errors within the first 20 miles.
Here's the work that has been done:
2 Air Pumps
Replaced all airline sensors, Airbags, and some air lines (Air Drying filter leaked agent and contaminated the system)

John
2005 LR3 SE

+1

same thing with my dad's

Old 02-24-2006, 09:59 AM
4wd Low

This is Friday and the car is still at LRW for repairs. As of yesterday they were waiting on parts to come in. I really hope this will be the end of the suspension issue. I had many suspension problems with my 99 Rangie and can't take much more but at least I am under warranty with this one. After driving around the Laredo for a few days it makes me miss my Land Rover even more. They are such great cars to drive that it makes it easier to deal with all the little problems that go along with it.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:03 PM
4wd Low

Hi Lils, Am having de same problem on my LR3 2005, took it to dealer and the light did come on that time, its like goin to de doctor, and last min. U fell Okay. Anyway,it happened again a week after took it in with light on, keept de engine runin too. so de light does'nt go off. They found a faulty compressor & performed a T4 diagnosis & EAS test. by de pressure increasing too slow when filling reservoir, so they replaced EAS comprossor on de 27 sept. 05. & as of yesterday 02-26-06 de frickin light came on again. so am waiting for it too stay on and I'll take stright back to them while driving, it pissis me off cause Kavita ( my LR3) HEHEHE. was driving VERY LOW I was bumpin all over like a low rider. anyway its off now cause I switch off de engine and no u should not be riding with de back low because LR3 has a built in auto self leveling even with a load. and does not go down at high speeds. hope dis helps u out. and please let me know what de doctor says about yurs. thanx.

Old 03-07-2006, 02:22 PM
7th Gear

Had a recurring fault that was in for repair 3 times. Dlr replaced anything he could get his hands on without luck. The bug turned out to be a crimped wire in the suspension system - probably created during initial assembly. Problem has not returned.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:18 PM
1st Gear

I took my '05 LR3 to the dealer yesterday for the same suspension fault problem. The Service Manager told me he's seen this before and explained that the sensors in compressor detect heat when there is none and shut the system down, that's when you get the fault message and the ride is like being in the back of a haywagon.

He told me they will try to replace the chip first and if that doesn't work then the compressors (still warrantied)

He mentioned that when you shut the car off it reboots the computer and sometimes the problem will clear, although he said you should still have it checked out. Sounds like they've done the work before - I'll post you when I get it back on Tuesday.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:35 PM
6th Gear

had that problem. dealer replaced air pumps under warranty. never had that problem ever since.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:34 PM
3rd Gear

My '05 LR3 with <10k miles just went back into the dealer for the second time with a Suspension Fault. Seems to me that they still haven't figured out how to fix these problems.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:16 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check for a water leak, probably from the Right A piller, theres an unknown recall, pull the right front grill off then pull the foam peace behind it. Alot of water will fall... Problem is you might have some electronics (becm, asecm, and a few others flooded on the passenger side fuse panel (thats got a new name too) BODY CONTROLL MODULE. screw them, and master power distributer... If the drain for the sunroof right side is not draining its filling it. Then have the dealer replace the ecu 's 3 of them, need more ill tell they should know