LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUSPENSION fault, HDC fault Transmission Fault

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 12:34 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUSPENSION fault, HDC fault Transmission Fault

2005 LR3 - did hard reset yesterday, parking brake switch changed, checked the T case,
now these codes and I am in F mode
replaced battery yesterday but It is starting with hesitation, some sort of electrical issue going on - anyone have any thoughts what to check next?

Current state of dash warnings

Old 01-04-2020, 12:54 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 776 Likes on 650 Posts

Codes?

Old 01-04-2020, 01:19 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gave my tool to a buddy, so no codes, ordering another one

Old 01-04-2020, 11:27 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

@LmmDop Ha! This may be another possible action of the infamous brake light bulb. Without going into my cat/mouse saga, I got some funky transmission failure messages with matching codes. I ended up doing an extensive solenoid swap out, tranny case/filter conversion, and valve sleeve change (@DakotaTravler, this was the conclusion of my valve body maintenance efforts). I was confident that all the failure codes would be behind me........during the tail end of me wrapping up the valve body work, I noticed the amber parking brake light....? What the was that thing doing lit up, is what I wondered. When I went to check my brake light switch (which I knew was fine), I thought I would give a look at the bulbs in the rear.
I will fast forward to spare my self some public embarrassment, but I will say that I went through several different types of bulbs, and I did a test during the day, with all the bulbs removed. NOT A SINGLE ERROR CODE!!! I must have been on some hidden camera, low budget punk your neighbor youtube program. I couldn't believe it. The truck drove smoothly, and not a single chime from the dash board. Realizing that I could not drive without brake lights, I immediately ordered the factory OEM brake bulbs from Atlantic British. Ive had to put the faulty bulbs back in my truck for the sake of public safety (unitl my bulbs arrive), and as you would guess, the chimes all started back up again with the transmission faults, reduced gear programs, yada yada yada.....
Now I have read how finiky they brake light system is, but I thought I had did enough webwork to pinpoint an aftermarket error free bulb (I went through 4 brands). They all failed. I ordered 9 sets of OEM factory bulbs. Whent it is daylight, perform a hard reset and take the bulbs out of your brake lights, and take a spin around the block. If the dash doesn't read any errors, you may have had improper bulbs. Additionally, if you don't feel the transmission slipping or performing irregularly, then the codes seem to point to more of a electrical glitch.

Old 01-11-2020, 06:37 PM
Mudding
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Sylvania 7528 bulbs can be found at any auto parts store. Been running these for a few years now. Factory OEM bulbs... pfft...