LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspension fault and tire presure sign after flat tire

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ghengis86
Did you read Rovin4life's post above? Check your compressor. Any damage? Does the compressor run when you start it up? And what are the faults/codes?
Just checked my compressor and there is no damage, and the compressor is running, no noise or anything as such.its just showing me suspension fault and spacial program off. While the back of my car lifts a bit but its still down. That hard reset is very complicated, and i dnt think i can do it alone without someone that knws how.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Can you see any damaged wiring harness.

I had a situation where the rear would not rise and the front tried to, but also would not. It turned out to be a broken conductor inside one of the many air system wiring harnesses. It is near impossible to find by yourself but you might look and see if any of the visible wiring harnesses near the wheels look frayed.

Sometimes one of the harnesses at the front gets loose and a front tyre rubs the harness in turns and eventually frays thru. Regardless, I think you will have to find someone who knows about the air system.

I assume that your rear tyre just went flat and did not blow up and send bits flying. If it did, then maybe a piece of the flying stuff hit some air system harness and damaged it - unlikely but ....

Old 10-04-2012, 04:58 AM
Overlanding

Just discorvered the black box close to the flame is broken. But not much.i guess that the reason of the suspension fault. Pls advise me on what to do. If i need to change to a new one or to just do some repair the the damage is not much. Let me knw before taking it to the dealer. Tnx in advance.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by freshdew82
Just discorvered the black box close to the flame is broken. But not much.i guess that the reason of the suspension fault. Pls advise me on what to do. If i need to change to a new one or to just do some repair the the damage is not much. Let me knw before taking it to the dealer. Tnx in advance.
Can you post a picture of the broken component? Or a little better description of the location, appearance, etc? That will help us help you.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Pro Wrench
Default Kind of look like the jpg below?

I suspect you are referring to what is called a block valve similar in looks to the jpg below. If so, to remove the valve, you have to remove the three air lines that feed into the valve. Two of the lines feed directly to to each of the two rear air springs and the third comes from the air compressor. It sounds like you see a crack, and hence air leak, of some sort in the plastic body; if so, you have discovered the problem so congratulations.

Removal of the air lines is in itself is a bit tricky due to the design of the fittings, however the real concern is the sudden release of any air left in the air springs. This means if the frame is not properly supported, the 3 drops even lower. If your hands are in there, and they will be, well....

To prevent this, your 3 should be up on a frame hoist where all four wheels are hanging down so when air is released, nothing moves.

My view is that you have already done the expensive bit - finding the problem.

I would suggest you pay someone with a proper hoist and ideally some experience with the air system to change out the block valve. The valve is not very expensive and will not take very long to replace; the main concern is to do it with no damage to either yourself or the vehicle.

Attached Thumbnails suspension fault and tire presure sign after flat tire-norgren-air-suspension-valve-block.jpg  
Old 10-05-2012, 05:00 AM
Overlanding

Don't really knw how to post pictures but the black box i'm talking about is at the rear side of the driver.may be the compressor box i dnt knw since i just bought the car.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Pro Wrench
Default Probably damage inside then.

It sounds as if you are referring to a sort of black plastic cover about 2 feet long ahead of the left rear tyre and sort of sitting up in between the frame and door sills; yes, that is the underside of the compressor cover.

If it is cracked, then perhaps at some time the vehicle has been jacked using the cover as the jacking support or more likely, while inadvertent, pressure has been applied to the cover and hence the parts and pieces within.

Often a lifting device while nominally sitting under the frame, also catches the edge of the case and transfers pressure. That pressure not only cracks the case, but also breaks things inside the case.

You are going to have to find someone who knows about the air system on your 3 as there is not much more that you can do yourself.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Overlanding

Alright. Thnx a lot, really appreciate.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Pro Wrench
Default 22 page pdf re air system.

In the meantime, click on the link below which is to a 22 page pdf that you can download and then print out. It will give you are real good idea of how the air system works and where the parts are. It will make the system a lot less mysterious.

DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - LR3 Air Suspension fuse 35P ECU Manual Shut Off Switch/Air Suspension ECU Fuse 35P Shut Off Switch

This is a direct link to the same pdf. Item 13 in the drawing showing all the air system parts on page 2 of the pdf is the underside of the cracked air compressor case that I believe you were referring to. You will sort of see all the stuff that is within.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albu...escription.pdf

This link is to my complete album. There is a lot of material on the 3 within so you might find some of it of interest.

DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - Home > Member Galleries > bbyer

Last edited by bbyer; 10-05-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:52 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

you killed your compressor. like I said replace it and the compressor bracket. Then you are fine.

Seen it a hundred times.

Quick Reply: suspension fault and tire presure sign after flat tire