LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension loosing air.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension loosing air.

I have an 06 Land Rover LR3 Se, and i noticed a couple of days ago it had gotten lower over night. I thought it might have just been me imagining things, but the next day it had gone down to access mode height. When i turn the vehicle on it starts refilling and its fine while you drive. But when you leave it over night it starts to loose air again. Any iedeas on what might be happening. It still lowers and raises the vehicle just fine.

Thanks

Old 09-14-2010, 03:24 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by amkullar
I have an 06 Land Rover LR3 Se, and i noticed a couple of days ago it had gotten lower over night. I thought it might have just been me imagining things, but the next day it had gone down to access mode height. When i turn the vehicle on it starts refilling and its fine while you drive. But when you leave it over night it starts to loose air again. Any iedeas on what might be happening. It still lowers and raises the vehicle just fine.

Thanks
I thought this is how it should be. I noticed that once you park the car (after driving few miles) take out the key, lock and wait for a minute. It loers down automatically. As such i always drive in Normal height. I assumed this would be to relieve stress of suspension. I be wrong as i am owning this vehicle for less then a month. So please post if you find out anything
Thanks

Old 09-15-2010, 06:12 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

leave the vehicle in regular height and disconnect the battery. if it drops down you have a problem. If it doesn't then there still may be a problem. The vehicle may be seeing a height sensor issue as it checks every few hours and if it sees something lower then it will drop it on the ground.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rovin4life
leave the vehicle in regular height and disconnect the battery. if it drops down you have a problem. If it doesn't then there still may be a problem. The vehicle may be seeing a height sensor issue as it checks every few hours and if it sees something lower then it will drop it on the ground.
Thanks Rovin4Life, it drops its regular one when u shut it off but then overnight it will drop a little more. Should i try the battery thing? Also i notice the compressor doesn't urn on right away it takes a while. Before it would turn on pretty fast. Any knowledge.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:10 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by amkullar
Also i notice the compressor doesn't urn on right away it takes a while.
We have a 2005 LR3 and ours did the same. Better take it in now or you will be getting it towed in because when the compressor completely fails she bottoms out (and I mean she bottoms out). Be sure to bring your check book. $1,200 is what I think we paid to get the compressor fixed.