LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Question - EAS Front Solenoid Block

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Suspension Question - EAS Front Solenoid Block

Gents; experiencing some odd movements of the front of my vehicle(mostly when I'm stopped) . It's raising and lowering, fault comes on and then off. Based on my research I think it's the front solenoid valve block acting up.

It doesn't appear hard to get to.

My questions are:

Is there any chance that the block can be removed and cleaned up a bit, and reinstalled? Any chance that would help? I see refurbished ones on the net and basically, it says "we clean and inspect them". So why not me?

If so, second question is that the shop manual says I need a t4 to depressurize and re-pressurize the system to do the removes, and reinstall. Is there any work around to that?

Old 11-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front solenoid

I had to change the front valve block on my LR3 because of an internal leak. The truck was always leaning on one side after over night parking.
I replaced it with a new part to make sure it would fix the issue. Didn't feel like replacing it twice!!

I followed the instructions on the following tutorial to depressurize the suspension system. It's found between 3:06 and 5:30. I also had the work shop book with me.

Here is the link:

The procedure was easy to follow and the issue was solved.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good call! Thanks for that. So the depresurrizing seems easy enough. I'm assuming the vehicle will presurrize automatically when i reconnect the new valve block and start her up?

Thanks for this.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Old voss connectors?

Can I just use the old voss connectors with my new front valve block? Just unscrew lines from old block and reattach them to the new block? I don't want to mess things up attempting to put in the lines in the new voss connectors that came with my valve block.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:27 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time user so please excuse my lack of knowledge

I have a 2006 range rover sport supercharged and just replaced the air suspension compressor I also replaced all fuses but now my rr won't raise at all and after a min or so I get an air supply fault. I was wondering if it could be the air compression valves and if so how many are there and where are they located? I know theis one right in front of the compressor it self. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 12-18-2017, 07:34 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Sound like you didn't install correctly or one of the lines came undone when it started to pressurize.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:24 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by abran
Sound like you didn't install correctly or one of the lines came undone when it started to pressurize.
no its all connected correctly I checked and double checked

Old 12-18-2017, 09:53 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

3 valve blocks total, 1 you know about.

Front one behind front bumper on passenger side.’

rear just forward of Driver side rear air strut.

does the compressor come on before the Fault shows?

lastly, is it a Dunlop compressor?

Old 12-19-2017, 02:03 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by abran
3 valve blocks total, 1 you know about.

Front one behind front bumper on passenger side.’

rear just forward of Driver side rear air strut.

does the compressor come on before the Fault shows?

lastly, is it a Dunlop compressor?
thanks yes it will run for about a minute or so then give a fault...no its not Dunlop it's a dorman compressor and also I happened to take a peak at the front passanger side bumper area I could only see a radiator.

Last edited by Rovermike14; 12-19-2017 at 02:26 AM.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:16 AM
Winching
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Rovermike14
I have a 2006 range rover sport supercharged and just replaced the air suspension compressor I also replaced all fuses but now my rr won't raise at all and after a min or so I get an air supply fault. I was wondering if it could be the air compression valves and if so how many are there and where are they located? I know theis one right in front of the compressor it self. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If you upgraded from the old Hitachi model to the AMK you'll need software patches from the dealer.

Quick Reply: Suspension Question - EAS Front Solenoid Block